Steve-1
Level 2: Rookie

Sales enquiry....

Answered

Can I have any of the Telstra Digital Office Technology products connected to my residential Telstra service?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Sales enquiry....

You can have DOT service connected to a residential address, however you would need an ABN, and the DOT services include the phone and internet so unless you want two phone and two internet service, you would need to have them 'migrate' the service from a residential one to a business one. The easiest way to have this done is likely to be in a local Telstra Business dealer... they would be able to go over the options and explain the process and fill in the paperwork in one go rather than having forms back and forth with phone sales team.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Steve-1
Accepted Solution

Thanks for your advice DrQwerty90

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

You can have DOT service connected to a residential address, however you would need an ABN, and the DOT services include the phone and internet so unless you want two phone and two internet service, you would need to have them 'migrate' the service from a residential one to a business one. The easiest way to have this done is likely to be in a local Telstra Business dealer... they would be able to go over the options and explain the process and fill in the paperwork in one go rather than having forms back and forth with phone sales team.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Steve-1

Thanks for your reply DrQwerty90

One other question

Is there a Residential equivalent to the Digital Office Technology service, one that has similar features and benefits?

Not particularly.

The DOT is optimised for what they have concluded is best suited to small business needs, and similarly, the residential plans are suited to what is seen as most suited to residential use.

That being said, it would depend on if there was a specific feature you were after, because if it was just a specific feature it might be an equivalent but there is certainly not as an overall thing.
Helpful Links

Steve-1
Accepted Solution

Thanks for your advice DrQwerty90

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more