flare
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra NBN down in ACT and surrounds

NBN has been down in ACT and surrounds since 9PM on Friday 26th July. Forums and Facebook groups confirmed its a widespread issue but Telstra L1 still are not confirming this. 

Telsta has also not updated their outages.telstra.com !

Managed to get an L1 on the phone last night after waiting in queue for 1 hour and 40 minutes and was told they are getting an influx of calls but still can’t confirm its an outage??!! 

#Telstra. Get your act together and fix this!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra NBN down in ACT and surrounds

Hi @flare,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear there is a disruption affecting your service, I can appreciate the frustration. Diagnosing and resolving technical issues is a process, it can take some trial and error to locate and resolve problems. As no service can be guaranteed to be fault free sometimes we will encounter technical issues. Has this since been resolved? What is advised on our outages page here:  https://tel.st/kbgwd. ?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

flare

Hi Tanasha,

The issue was resolved at around 11AM on Saturday.

FYI, after my call with your support Team on Friday night I received a call back link via text message. At around 2AM on Saturday, I received another text telling me "Your DOT service should now be working". However it was not and the call back link no longer worked after that. I tried to call again to get an update early on Saturday morning but again the wait times were very long.

This was frustrating as the outage affected our business and we needed an update and was expecting to use the call back link so we would not have to wait in queue for another hour or more!

If the issue was not resolved they should not have closed the case at 2AM and disabled the call back link.

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for keeping me updated and providing your feedback @flare. I do apologise again for any inconvenience caused and I'm glad to hear your service has been restored! Please let me know if you need an further assistance. Tanasha 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
flare

Thanks Tanasha.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now