Highlighted
odie12
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Netgear DEVG2020 LAN FTP blocked

Answered

My brother's work has just upgraded from bigpond to telstra business and we now have the Telstra Netgear DEVG2020 router installed.  The technician that attended was helpful, and I was able to setup all port forwarding, remote access, remote desktop, all works fine.  The problem is I cannot transfer FTP files on the LAN, I have 4 security cameras on this site that send images via FTP to our main computer.  I have tried ticking and unticking FTP in ALG settings, tried allowing port 20 and 21 tcp in firewall settings, still nothing.  This setup has been in operation for years now, and suddenly today it won't work after the new router was installed.  I can confirm that this is not a windows security or windows firewall issue, tried filezilla from the same computer and was able to upload files to the local FTP server.  For example, one of my cameras uploads from 192.168.0.4 to 192.168.0.2 over the LAN, it does connect and uploads a file with 0 bytes.  It seems to me that port 21 is working (connection port) but port 20 is not (data port).  Does anyone have any suggestions as I really need to resolve this in order to get their security cameras recording again.

Thanks,

Trent.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
odie12
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Netgear DEVG2020 LAN FTP blocked

It would appear that the DEVG2020 router is blocking port 20, and I have exhausted all settings and options trying to resolve it, even tried different FTP server programs on tho computer, such as Filezilla FTP server, Microsoft FTP service, still no good. FTP connection and downloading always worked from any computer on the LAN to an internet server using the new router, it is only the LAN - LAN FTP data connection which is broken, it only allows the file to be created, with no data (empty file). This problem is now solved by using non standard FTP ports for the LAN server. I used port 2121 instead of the default 21 and all cameras are able to upload via FTP across the LAN.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
odie12
Accepted Solution

It would appear that the DEVG2020 router is blocking port 20, and I have exhausted all settings and options trying to resolve it, even tried different FTP server programs on tho computer, such as Filezilla FTP server, Microsoft FTP service, still no good. FTP connection and downloading always worked from any computer on the LAN to an internet server using the new router, it is only the LAN - LAN FTP data connection which is broken, it only allows the file to be created, with no data (empty file). This problem is now solved by using non standard FTP ports for the LAN server. I used port 2121 instead of the default 21 and all cameras are able to upload via FTP across the LAN.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi odie12,

I believe that the Netgear DEVG2020 is very similar to the EVG2000 so the following guide from Port Forward.com  may assist you.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netgear/EVG2000/FTP.htm

Alternatively I would suggest contacting Telstra Platinum on 1800 202 766 for further assistance. They offer a no fix, no fee guarantee.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

swift_it
Level 1: Cadet

shelly we know how to port forward, its this piece of crap DEVG2020 router, no wonder netgear have washed their hands with telstra and this router, the telstra employee whom installed it should have noticed my clients network and said this wont work, btw the "technician" destroyed the entire network and all the servers, all the schemas, domain controller ,exchange, sbs were all broken beyond repair because he had his grubby hands through everything.

when is telstra going to offer a fix to this DEVG2020 because i cant meet my deadlines while this piece of crap DOT system is in place

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more