jorr17
Level 4: Private Eye

USB Printer Sharing on DEVG2020

Answered

Hi, 

I'm looking at trying to set up a Brother HL-2130 Printer onto the DEVG2020 printer so that it can be shared across the network. It only has a USB port on it, (no Ethernet), and I'm wondering whether I can share the printer across the network via USB or does it have to be on a Ethernet port? 

If you can set it up via the USB port on the DEVG2020, what settings would I need to do in order to accomplish this? 

Thanks, 

jorr17

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: USB Printer Sharing on DEVG2020

Hi Jorr. I think you'll need the Netgear Ready share for printers to achieve this.

Take a look and read at the following link and see if this will assist you: http://www.netgear.com/assets/landing/readyshare/ReadySHAREPrintUM.pdf

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Hi Jorr. I think you'll need the Netgear Ready share for printers to achieve this.

Take a look and read at the following link and see if this will assist you: http://www.netgear.com/assets/landing/readyshare/ReadySHAREPrintUM.pdf

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Level 20: Director

Hi ya Beagle,

Thanks for that link.

A mate has just given a PREMIUM BUSINESS
GATEWAY - DEVG2020 modem and that info could come in handy.

I set my existing TG797n v3 up as a print server and it was easy and works well.

Thanks mate

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now