Invasion
Level 3: Gumshoe

Using local PBX with DOT

Answered

Hey Guys,

Captains Log: Wednesday 22/09/16 Still no sign of intelligent life anywhere.

It is day six trying to configure my local PBX so that i can have a phone system that works. Everyone that i speak to at Telstra just transfers myself onto someone else that is reading a script."Turn it on and off" etc. 

I have spoken to five different people today - no not to ask them how to set it up and configure it but just to provide myself the Username and Password for my SIP service that i pay for.

I Have been experimenting with PBX for about 6 months now and I can now happily say that i am quite confident in the setup. I can get my system working fine using another provider online.

The main reason that i am coming to the forums in peril is to see if anyone was able to retrieve their details from their preconfigured KX-TGP500 voip device CAUSE THE DETAILS ARE IN IT!!!!!! 

Or if somone else out there in the wide world has been able to use a local hosted PBX with DOT as their SIP Trunk using the DID that you have been assigned. 

I am now at a loss as i dont want to have to pay for another VOIP service but i also cannot wait any longer for DOT to pull their finger out and give me more functionality for this service. 

I bought into this service thinking it would have the level of configuration as a local PBX it totally doesn't and the hardware is flaky at best. 

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!! haha im getting really peeved off paying for services and being dissapointed. Why can't these things just work the way people say they do or at least just give me the tools to do it myself!!

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Benjamin Western

Invasion Computers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Invasion
Accepted Solution

Re: Using local PBX with DOT

Okay Guys,

Benjamin Western - back here

So been flat out like a lizard drinking since the 21/9 trying to find a way to resolve my issue.

I have figured like i have previously stated that i could find all the server information details but the password was locked

Using http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/bullets_password_view.html I was able to finally recover my password stored locally in my device. I have now since setup the freePBX using the DOT SIP details to allow me to use my own hosted voip service !! Smiley Happy

Thought i might share my win with others 

Long live us fixers!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Invasion
Accepted Solution

Okay Guys,

Benjamin Western - back here

So been flat out like a lizard drinking since the 21/9 trying to find a way to resolve my issue.

I have figured like i have previously stated that i could find all the server information details but the password was locked

Using http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/bullets_password_view.html I was able to finally recover my password stored locally in my device. I have now since setup the freePBX using the DOT SIP details to allow me to use my own hosted voip service !! Smiley Happy

Thought i might share my win with others 

Long live us fixers!!

Highlighted
omalie
Level 1: Cadet

Hey Benjamin

Would it be possible to share your sip peer details?

I'm in a slightly different boat, I'm trying to use a SIP Connect service rather than DOT but your information may help.

thanks

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more