Xarisk
Level 2: Rookie

Why Telstra is the worst telco? (DOT - NBN , Changing Provider)

I'm sorry for my long story but 3 months I'm trying to find a solution with Telstra.

At the end of February I tried to upgrade my shop's Internet from ADSL to NBN with the same provider (Telstra) cause our place was ready for NBN.
Telstra told me it will take about 4 weeks. After 7 weeks I called Telstra and they told me the next available appointment for NBN will be in 3-4 weeks. Really???
I told Telstra to cancel my order for NBN.
I found another provider TPG (much cheaper and with more services) and they tried to port out my service number but was rejected cause was DOT service number.
They told me that I have to contact Telstra and change the service (DOT) or if I want to have a new service number.
I said to them that I can't change the phone number.
When you have the same phone number for more than 10 years for your shop-business, you can't change it.
The first time that I spoke with Telstra they told me that they have to disconnect my service and after other provider can take my service number.
A week later I contacted again Telstra and they told me that they don't have to disconnect my service but they can change from DOT to Broadband.
I asked them why you told me that you can only disconnect DOT (and not change it) and now you're telling that you can change from DOT to Broadband, but they didn't explain me why.
Until Telstra change my service (from DOT to Broadband) my shop's phone was divert to my mobile but many suppliers couldn't reach me.
On 20/04 I stopped having phone and Internet at my shop. I called TPG and they helped me with some changes to my new router and I started having Internet-NBN (before 2 weeks a technician for NBN came to my shop and put a new Internet line in case Telstra's line wont work).
I told TPG to port out my service number cause probably is ready now and next day they sent me again an email that porting out was rejected.
I contact again Telstra and a lady from DOT department told me that it will take about 10-15 working days to change my DOT and make my service active to be ported out. She told on 17/05 it will be ready.
On 17/05 I told TPG to try port out my service number cause it's ready. Again porting has been rejected again due to Service is Disconnected or Pending Disconnection. "WTF"!!!
I spoke again with Telstra's DOT department and they said that my service is ready. I ask them to send me an email that my service is ready.
"This is to confirm that for the service 0xxxxxxxx was already activated 17/05/2017 via order # 01110521.The said service is active and can be ported out."
I forwarded this email to TPG and they tried again to port out my service line but again porting has been rejected again due to Service is Disconnected or Pending Disconnection.
TPG contact Telstra about this and Telstra said: "This is not an Active service on Telstra network. Rejection is correct."
Until today I don't have phone line at my shop.

I lost:
1) customers,
2) important phone calls from my suppliers and
3) a lot of my time
My shop is a service station and is very important to have phone line.

I changed Telstra from my shop, next week I will change Telstra from my home and also my two mobile services.
Thanks Telstra.

PS. All of my chat conversations with Telstra I've got them in my email for evidence, cause I don't trust them at all.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
17 REPLIES 17
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Why Telstra is the worst telco? (DOT - NBN , Changing Provider)

Hi Xarisk, 

Thanks for contacting us about the delays in changing providers. As you are a Business customer and require immediate assistance with a complaint you can call us anytime on 132000 and say "complaint" This would be the best way to have this resolved. Sorry for any inconvenience or frustration this may have caused you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Xarisk

I don't know why Telstra is lying and sent me wrong and fake emails.

One guy says that my service it's actived from 17/05 and ready to port out and the other guy says that my service it's deactivated from 06/05 till today.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

……@online.telstra.com.au

Mon 22/05/2017 11:43 AM

Hi …….,

Here is a summary of our discussion
To recap, we discussed the following:
This is to confirm that for the service 08……… was already activated 17/05/2017 via order # 01110521.The said service is active and can be ported out.
To help control your costs and manage your services, did you know you can also log into or register for Your Telstra Tools.
You can find out more about how to manage your accounts online here.

Want to get back in touch?
Simply click this link [www.telstra.com.au/yhmn?ci=0c050284bef9c013&ags=D760482&pfnn=0888233488]Get back in touch*
Then enter the phone number you'd like us to contact you on.
Please note that this link remains active for 45 days, but it can only be used once.
I'll attempt to call you back within the next 45 minutes but if for any reason I'm unable to contact you, I'll make sure one of my colleagues will.
For your records, your call reference number is d760482.

Yours sincerely,
Deutoronomy The Telstra Business Team
Staff employee number: d760482

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

………@team.telstra.com

Mon 29/05/2017 11:49 AM

Hi ……..,

The service was been deactivated last 06/05/17 until 29/05/2017.

Thanks

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

If you believe the emails are incorrect. you're able to follow the link in the email to get back in touch with the consultant you were speaking with.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Xarisk

I have already spoke yesterday with another consultant (I couldn't reach consultant that he sent me the first email) but I'm still waiting for him to ring me and tell me how long it will take to activate my service number.

Is not "if I believe the emails are incorrect". One consultant says it's actived and other says it's deactived. 
Someone is lying to me and for sure he's from Telstra.

Xarisk

deactivated*

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the reply. 

Were you provided with a reference number that starts with INT 1- regarding the promised actions?

Xarisk

Hi Dani39,

Before I got the first email (your service is already activated from 17/05/2017 via order # 01110521....) I was speaking with a consultant from DOT department (Staff employee number: d760482) and he said to me that my service is activated and ready to port out.

I thanked him and I told him to email me what he said because I want to forward this email to my new provider.

On 29/05 I used the link to contact with him again and explain me why my service is deactivated but I spoke with another consultant.

I explained him (again) my story and he told me that he have to contact NBN department and he will now when my service will be active. He said to me "I will call you back in 10' to 1 hour". After 30+ hours I'm still waiting for his call.

Support Team
Support Team

Really sorry to hear, Xarisk, it can certainly be a frustrating process, no doubt exacerbated by our poor communication.

Do you have an open complaint about this at all? If so, do you have the SR reference number perhaps? - Matthew.

Xarisk

Hi Matthew,
I've got and open complaint about this.
Request Number: SR 1-1165369550184
Thank you.

Harry

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks Xarisk. I can see that was raised yesterday afternoon, so you can expect to hear from your case manager in the next 4 business days.

I'm sorry it was necessary to raise the complaint, and I'm confident this will be resolved appropriately, soon.

Please let us know how you get on - Matthew.

Xarisk

Matthew,
I'm waiting more than 2 months to port out my service number and always something new is happening to my case.
The most important thing for me is that I'm more than 40 days without phone line at my shop and customers and suppliers can't call me.
Support Team
Support Team

That's really not acceptable, and I do apologise. The case manager will take a thorough look at all of the background to this, find the base issue, and get it cleared away. Sorry again, that it has taken this long. Please let us know the outcome - Matthew.

Matin

At least you got your report published. They censored mine. I submitted it yesterday and it just disappeared. But they are forgotting when they said they were going to record i was happy as long as we both had a copy and recorded. They said yes so i recorded it. And they can censor me here but not on facebook or i can email to my entire friendlist (268 people) here is the copy of mine. Sorry its long i was on the phone 4 hours i edited out the awful music they played over and over here is the exact transcript of my call. Its accurate as i replayed my recording. The only reason i have not submitted it to accc and current affairs and facebook and my friends list is that i m giving telstra till monday to come good on their promises. Then i ll take recording to testra shop and give them a chance to donthe right thing (being honest with me) only if that fails THEN IM GOING PUBLIC!!! (Please note i edited some spelling mistakes that were in yesterdays submission and edited grammar only i did not need to add any points as it is exactly as on my recording) 

here is is: 

I rang testra as someone has stolen my copper phone wire without my knowledge. I asked how much it would cost for a technician to replace it if i dug the trench splied the right size and supplied the conduit and cable. I said can i record too if you are rerding me and they said go ahead. So i started recording. I said, They would only have to connect the cable i bought to the wall plug and to the node. They said that fine. Maximum cost was 495. I said how much data would i get as i would have to receive something if i am to sacrifice one whole forthnights pension. They said for $75 they would give me 50 gb. Net flix would cost 35 more. This took 2.5 hours of being on hold.
My brother is with optus and he gets unlimited data and netflix for 95. I phoned back asked if i paid more i could get more data? they said fine but that cost more. I said ok i ll look it up. Telstra had big data bundle for 1000 gb for $90. I rang back and said if i pay $15 more i get 950 gb more. Another 60 minutes on hold. Yes but only available on nbn. Telsra: Thats not available at your adress. I went back and checked telstra.com.au and entered my adress. They said no nbn available, but adsl 2 is avaialable at the house number. I said can you provide 1000 gb for $90 on adsl2. Thay said not available. I went back to web site it said yes it is. I asked them to enter the same. They came back, ok yes it is. But we want 99 per month. I said why have you added $9,-.? They said oh i found out why - you will get net flix. Great i said sign me up.

So what will it cost. They say ok. On the big data plan its only 89 to connect. But if theres no where to connect it will cost more. I said ok, fine i did mention that. I say what is the maximum. They say 296 maximum no matter what. Ok i say go ahead then. They give me the order number. Account number. And say it will be done by july 5. Great i say book it in. So let me run it again. $296 maximum connection fee and then 99 per month. Yes. Oh he said as a welcome to telstra we are giving you a $100 credit as you been sp patiently holding. I said great. Book me in. Ok done. Thank you. They hung ip.

next day: phone rings. We are dreadfully sorry bu we have concluded we cannot provide the service promised. I ask why. Theres no nbn. I said i know but i asked if i can get adsl 2 they said yes yesterday. And they booked it. They say no we cannot provide it it. But we can connect a phone line. I said i already have a phone. I dont need two phones. I need internet. Ok we can remt you a wifi modem for $5. Permonth. Ok do that i said. But we will only do that if you have a phone first. I said how much wil it cost then. Now they say 400. I say bu when nbn comes will that be free. Then. No thats an extra 400. I said is that with or without the 100 you rpmised. They said, no we had to cancel the order and the 100 is no longer available. Then i said how much data can you send to my wifi modem. They said none. Theres no data available without nbn. I said yes there is i have annold testra phone and it says it has 4g at 90% signal strength. I bought some data, and run a hd video and it played without buffering without stutter.
So its only a matter how much data you wish to send. No its
not that it, it cant be sent. I said how much are you willng to send and how much will it cost. They said we cant send it. I said then what if i do nothing. Just move to a house that has internet how much will it cost. They said no connection fee.. If i do nothing and dont fix the the phone line will i ever get any bill. They said no. Great, then if nbn comes and says they want to install a modem and i say i dont want it will i be billed. They said no. Great. Then if the next person wants internet will they have to pay, the answer is yes. If they blame me and send the bill to me will i have to pay. No. Its not my problem. Ok then that saves two x 400 connection fee and 2400 for the 24 month contract and i pay zero. They said yes. Ok so i hope i can believe this.

Sorry it was long, this was what was said, i got it recorded. Nothing edited. The rest of the time was spent listening to 4 hrs of recorded music. I could have worked 4 hours and made enough to pay to have the phone connectd. But now i got nothing. Grrrr

should i take the recoding of the above to accc of to current affairs or to both.

UnsatisfiedOZ
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra is the worst not only internet provider but the worst for phone service and no 1 for the worst ever customer service i have ever recieved in the WORLD, and i mean this entire world. They state fair user policy but that is only if you are not getting maximum benefit to your services. If you are gaining maximum benefit to your service they will change it so you cannot or you will need to pay extra...All your complaints, arguments, or any request for understanding will be denied by a foriegn service rep who is paid accordingly to take your complaints with a grain of salt. Best thing all clients of Telstra can do is take your grievances to the ombudsman or choose a new service which will be much cheaper than telstras over priced service and even if the service is slighly slower or has a minimum issue ... you dont need to put up with telstras arrogant and iggnorant staff attitudes and the much over priced shares

@Xarisk wrote:

I'm sorry for my long story but 3 months I'm trying to find a solution with Telstra.

At the end of February I tried to upgrade my shop's Internet from ADSL to NBN with the same provider (Telstra) cause our place was ready for NBN.
Telstra told me it will take about 4 weeks. After 7 weeks I called Telstra and they told me the next available appointment for NBN will be in 3-4 weeks. Really???
I found another provider TPG (much cheaper and with more services) and they tried to port out my service number but was rejected cause was DOT service number.
They told me that I have to contact Telstra and change the service (DOT) or if I want to have a new service number.
When you have the same phone number for more than 10 years for your shop-business, you can't change it.
The first time that I spoke with Telstra they told me that they have to disconnect my service and after other provider can take my service number.
A week later I contacted again Telstra and they told me that they don't have to disconnect my service but they can change from DOT to Broadband.
I asked them why you told me that you can only disconnect DOT (and not change it) and now you're telling that you can change from DOT to Broadband, but they didn't explain me why.
Until Telstra change my service (from DOT to Broadband) my shop's phone was divert to my mobile but many suppliers couldn't reach me.
On 20/04 I stopped having phone and Internet at my shop. I called TPG and they helped me with some changes to my new router and I started having Internet-NBN (before 2 weeks a technician for NBN came to my shop and put a new Internet line in case Telstra's line wont work).
I told TPG to port out my service number cause probably is ready now and next day they sent me again an email that porting out was rejected.
I contact again Telstra and a lady from DOT department told me that it will take about 10-15 working days to change my DOT and make my service active to be ported out. She told on 17/05 it will be ready.
On 17/05 I told TPG to try port out my service number cause it's ready. Again porting has been rejected again due to Service is Disconnected or Pending Disconnection. "WTF"!!!
I spoke again with Telstra's DOT department and they said that my service is ready. I ask them to send me an email that my service is ready.
"This is to confirm that for the service 0xxxxxxxx was already activated 17/05/2017 via order # 01110521.The said service is active and can be ported out."
I forwarded this email to TPG and they tried again to port out my service line but again porting has been rejected again due to Service is Disconnected or Pending Disconnection.
TPG contact Telstra about this and Telstra said: "This is not an Active service on Telstra network. Rejection is correct."

I lost:
1) customers,
3) a lot of my time

I changed Telstra from my shop, next week I will change Telstra from my home and also my two mobile services.
Thanks Telstra.

PS. All of my chat conversations with Telstra I've got them in my email for evidence, cause I don't trust them at all.

UnsatisfiedOZ

Dont bother to attemp to get a solution as there wont be any in your favour. Telstra has it there way or to bad so sad... Telstra co

@UnsatisfiedOZ wrote:

Telstra is the worst not only internet provider but the worst for phone service and no 1 for the worst ever customer service i have ever recieved in the WORLD, and i mean this entire world. They state fair user policy but that is only if you are not getting maximum benefit to your services. If you are gaining maximum benefit to your service they will change it so you cannot or you will need to pay extra...All your complaints, arguments, or any request for understanding will be denied by a foriegn service rep who is paid accordingly to take your complaints with a grain of salt. Best thing all clients of Telstra can do is take your grievances to the ombudsman or choose a new service which will be much cheaper than telstras over priced service and even if the service is slighly slower or has a minimum issue ... you dont need to put up with telstras arrogant and iggnorant staff attitudes and the much over priced shares

@Xarisk wrote:

I lost:
1) customers,
3) a lot of my time

Thanks Telstra.

UnsatisfiedOZ

go for Dodo. quick connection without any hassles and you dont have to put up with the morons at telstra
Support Team
Support Team

So sorry to hear this is ongoing. 

I've emailed your case manager, requesting that he get in touch with you as a matter of priority.

Please let us know the outcome of his call

- Matthew.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now