Josh_41
Level 1: Cadet

25GB Bonus Data minimum recharge

Answered

Is there a minimum I have to recharge in order to have the "active recharge" required to keep the bonus data? Or can I just recharge $10/$20 instead?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: 25GB Bonus Data minimum recharge

I did realise that you didn't want a Dat Top Up. That was an example of an "Active Recharge" having to be more than $10/$20 in that scenario.

Thanks for now saying that you're on the Pre-Paid Extra. Your original question was misleading because you wanted to know what recharge amount is classed as "Active Recharge" to KEEP the Bonus Data. 

There are many Grandfathered Pre-Paid offer's that have different rules to how they work.....so in future I suggest you write what offer you're on when asking a question. 

You will automatically KEEP the Bonus Data on the Pre-Paid Extra  offer because it's been directly put into your Data Bank. 

Did you not read the link properly? 

This is a copy from the link you posted: 

How long have I got to use this data?

Pre-Paid Extra - your 25GB bonus data has been deposited into your Pre-Paid Extra Data Bank and can be used for as long as you have an active recharge.

I've been told by a Pre-Paid employee that if your recharge $10 or $20 on the Pre-Paid Extra offer that is classed as an Active Recharge and you'll have ACCESS  to your Data Bank. 

Here's a link to the Pre-Paid Extra FAQ'S that explains how Data Bank work's

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Accounts-Plans/Telstra-Pre-Paid-Extra-FAQ-s/ta-p/704931

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES

Hi Josh_41,

I think $30 would be the lowest recharge amount you could do to have an Active Recharge. 

A $10 or $20 (depending on your Pre-Paid offer) is usually only for a Data Top Up.

To put a $10 or $20 Data Top Up on you have to have an Active Recharge, according to the below link.

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/plus-packs

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Josh_41
Level 1: Cadet

I'm not asking about adding extra data.
Telstra Pre-Paid Extra allows me to recharge 10 and 20 dollar amounts, that I can obviously use for that extra data, or just for normal SMS/phone calls at whatever Telstra's rate for both is (obviously for 30 or more it's unlimited). It also allows access Telstra Air.
The terms of conditions of both the NRL and AFL live app point out that you need a $30+ active recharge to access it, which leaves no confusion, however the 25GB Christmas Bonus data just says active recharge (https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Services-KB/We-re-saying-thanks-with-25GB-bonus-data/ta-p/789...), leading me to believe there is a difference.

Accepted Solution

I did realise that you didn't want a Dat Top Up. That was an example of an "Active Recharge" having to be more than $10/$20 in that scenario.

Thanks for now saying that you're on the Pre-Paid Extra. Your original question was misleading because you wanted to know what recharge amount is classed as "Active Recharge" to KEEP the Bonus Data. 

There are many Grandfathered Pre-Paid offer's that have different rules to how they work.....so in future I suggest you write what offer you're on when asking a question. 

You will automatically KEEP the Bonus Data on the Pre-Paid Extra  offer because it's been directly put into your Data Bank. 

Did you not read the link properly? 

This is a copy from the link you posted: 

How long have I got to use this data?

Pre-Paid Extra - your 25GB bonus data has been deposited into your Pre-Paid Extra Data Bank and can be used for as long as you have an active recharge.

I've been told by a Pre-Paid employee that if your recharge $10 or $20 on the Pre-Paid Extra offer that is classed as an Active Recharge and you'll have ACCESS  to your Data Bank. 

Here's a link to the Pre-Paid Extra FAQ'S that explains how Data Bank work's

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Accounts-Plans/Telstra-Pre-Paid-Extra-FAQ-s/ta-p/704931

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more