Highlighted
tiger73
Level 1: Cadet

AFL & NRL Apps - Data Usage

I have recently, after considerable difficulty, been able to access the afl and NRL live apps as a Telstra customer. I was under the impression that these apps were available to Telstra customers “data free”.

After one weekend and maybe an hour and a half of viewing, I notice on “my usage” on the 24/7 app that my data has taken a massive hit.

Is there some fine print I have missed? Is it only free to certain customers on certain plans in certain areas?

Disappointed.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: AFL & NRL Apps - Data Usage

Hi @tiger73,

The NRL Live Pass and AFL Live Pass do remain data free video usage for eligible Telstra customers.

Video data usage is only unmetered for the following Telstra services:

• Telstra ADSL/Cable/NBN
  • Telstra mobile handsets / tablets with any Telstra SIM (excluding International Roaming)
  • Telstra Mobile Broadband (Dongles and mobile Wi-Fi hotspots) with any Telstra SIM (excluding BigPond Wireless Broadband and International Roaming)

Telstra services excluded from unmetering:

• BigPond Wireless Broadband
  • International Roaming
  • Telstra Business Broadband
  • BigPond Internet (Dial Up/ Satellite/ Hourly Plans)
  • Telstra Air

If you these apps are using your data, I'd recommend checking your APN has not been changed to something other than 'Telstra.Wap' as this will cause the usage to become metered.

If the above does not assist, I would suggest to contact our mobile team on 13 22 00 to investigate this further.

- ToneB

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

tiger73
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for the response.

It looks as though I should be enjoying these apps data free. How do you check your APN? Is this an in phone setting or something that has to be done through Telstra?

Thanks again.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks @tiger73,

This is a setting on your device. Feel free to get in touch with our live chat team at http://tel.st/8jgx who will step you through where to find the APN or alternatively, give us a call on 13 22 00.

- ToneB

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more