Highlighted
sydneyman
Level 2: Rookie

About Data Sharing

Answered

I have 2 casual Go Plan, they share their data allowance automatically.

I also have a Mobile Accelerate Plan in the same account. Is there any ways to share its data allowance with those 2 numbers?

Thanks guys.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: About Data Sharing

The only way you would be able to get them all to share would be to move the Mobile Acc plans over to Go plans as well.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

DataCapable
Level 4: Private Eye
Accepted Solution

Actually your problem should be easily resolved by simply requesting to move from the non-sharing version of the accelerate plan to the shared version. Moving between plans in the same plan family, even with the old accelerate plan is still allowed and as long as you don't go below the monthly charge you originally signed up for there should be no termination charges - it should be handled under the existing contract.

I'd suggest ringing up or going in store to get them to help you make the change. Once you're on the accelerate shared plan, then your data will pool across all mobiles in the same billing account, including go mobile plans (note I say billing account - on the same bill; if they aren't on the same bill then it won't work).

hope that helps

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES
Accepted Solution

The only way you would be able to get them all to share would be to move the Mobile Acc plans over to Go plans as well.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

sydneyman

My Accelerate Plan is in contract, which means I can't share itSmiley Sad

Yeah that sucks.
Helpful Links

DataCapable
Accepted Solution

Actually your problem should be easily resolved by simply requesting to move from the non-sharing version of the accelerate plan to the shared version. Moving between plans in the same plan family, even with the old accelerate plan is still allowed and as long as you don't go below the monthly charge you originally signed up for there should be no termination charges - it should be handled under the existing contract.

I'd suggest ringing up or going in store to get them to help you make the change. Once you're on the accelerate shared plan, then your data will pool across all mobiles in the same billing account, including go mobile plans (note I say billing account - on the same bill; if they aren't on the same bill then it won't work).

hope that helps

I have three mobiles all with data share and the mobile accelerate doesn't share with our go plan or my plan. It only shares with its own data sim. I was told that it is right and it shouldn't share. Two plans share and the mob acc doesn't. It would be awesome if you are right and it is meant to do that, just doesn't in my case.
Helpful Links

DataCapable

If it doesn't share and you are sure you are on the same billing account, then something is wrong. There are no restrictions on sharing across plan types. If the plan is marked as a sharing plan, it will share it's allowance with every other sharing plan on the same billing account.

Just make sure that on the one bill you have Mobile Accelerate Plan $xx - Data Share and the Go Mobile plan (which all share by default) - they have to be on the same bill.

If you have that then you should call up to get it investigated if sharing is not working; don't take no for an answer, it works.

Cool. That is good to know.
Helpful Links

sydneyman

My Accelerate Plan is MOBILE ACCELERATE PLAN $95plus $3 handset fee, which also include 25% discount.

Which Accelereat Share Plan I can change to? If I change the plan, how about the discount?

You just change it to the share version of the same plan, if you have the 25% staff discount it shouldn't change. If you have another discount you would have to confirm with billing but it shouldn't be a problem. It isn't really changing anything on the plan except adding the share component to the system.
Helpful Links

sydneyman

I can't find the share version of my Accelerate Plan, even the normal Accelerate Plan.

Could you send me a link?

As it is a discontinued product the only thing you will find is the CIS. https://www.telstra.com.au/help/download/document/personal-critical-information-summary-mobile-accel...
Helpful Links

sydneyman

Thanks all guys!

I have changed my plan to share version!

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more