Imac73
Level 1: Cadet

Apple Music streaming is chewing my data !!

Hi I need a straight answer here , no one at Telstra that ive Spoken to via phone can help me . I am on a pre paid extra plan and after reading on my telstra 24/7 app that Apple Music streaming does not consume my data I decided to pay for the $12 per month subscription . However , after checking my data use after 3 to 4 hours of streaming a few albums I see that I used about 600 mb in data ! I rang Telstra and they have no knowledge of Apple Music streamed data being unmetered on my Telstra pre paid account . What’s the go ?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Apple Music streaming is chewing my data !!

Data used for streaming Apple music is free for post paid and prepaid Telstra Accounts. See link below.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/43701

Has the amount of data used decreased your data balance by 600 MB?
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Streaming music is data free, but if you have downloaded anything (music included), or watched videos, then that data gets counted.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Imac73

I did not download any music, videos etc. I only “Streamed” the music. My data was used. Can someone please help
Imac73

Yes. Streaming the music has taken of 600 plus mb

If that is based on your data in the account (as the data usage on the phone meter will not account for unmetered data as it is only showing you how much data is running through your phone) and you are only streaming and your phone is set to the APN telstra.wap and you aren't using any VPN services or proxies (as they can cause it to not route the same and not pick up right) then you would be best to speak to prepaid billing to get it investigated. If you aren't able to get a suitable resolution with the support team the only option would be to get it loaded as a complaint and then the complaints team can investigate it further.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Telstra 24x7®

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now