CrowdSupport®
Level 2: Rookie

Bonus Credit

Answered

I have a Lumia 640 Microsoft phone and I bought it on 9/02/2016 (1 week ago) also happened to be the "Telstra outage day". I had problems with data usage aand contacted Telstra support, they were very helpful and gave me 2 lots of 5GB of data to use over 3 months, the trouble started when I use my phone for surfing the net I received almost instant alerts on my low credit. I was told to remove the Sim card for 15 minutes to recycle the connection all seemed OK and I told them that I was surprised to find they had replaced my credit & added $30.00 as well.

But now when I use my phone it's using my credit again @ $2.00 a MB so I have blocked the data in settings what do I do now??

Mal

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Bonus Credit

Crowd Support is primarily customers, helping other customers.

Unfortunately this means we can't see your account or what is happening, but clearly something has gone wrong and it's not picking up the data pack correctly.

I would suggest getting in touch with tech support on 132200 and if it can't be solved then and there, ask that it be escalated and get a reference number for this.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Thank you I did ring the number after wasting 3hrs in my local Telstra shop. After explaing what had been done the woman on the phone said they would get back to me. Well to my surprise within an hour they got back to me and told me that the bonus data I had been given was Wi Fi not mobile data so they fixed it while is was talking and now I have 8GB of data to  use for FREE for a month.

Thank You Telstra

Mal :-)

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Crowd Support is primarily customers, helping other customers.

Unfortunately this means we can't see your account or what is happening, but clearly something has gone wrong and it's not picking up the data pack correctly.

I would suggest getting in touch with tech support on 132200 and if it can't be solved then and there, ask that it be escalated and get a reference number for this.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Thank you I did ring the number after wasting 3hrs in my local Telstra shop. After explaing what had been done the woman on the phone said they would get back to me. Well to my surprise within an hour they got back to me and told me that the bonus data I had been given was Wi Fi not mobile data so they fixed it while is was talking and now I have 8GB of data to  use for FREE for a month.

Thank You Telstra

Mal :-)

My Telstra

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the My Telstra app.

Find out more