Roysonny
Level 1: Cadet

Bonus data

I received a 25 GB bonus data message after I had recharged my prepaid service in November. This was not a bonus for me as we have Telstra cable internet with 1000 GB per month. Probably like many others I could really have used it over Christmas when I will be away from home. Maybe next time it could be over the Christmas period and not expiring before I need it.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Bonus data

Hi Roysonny, 

Have you heard of the saying "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth"?

If you haven't, Google it.

This is the first thing I thought of after reading your post.

You're obviously not on a Pre-Paid offer that has Data Bank. If you were the Bonus 25GB Data won't expire, it was put directly into the Data Bank. If the customer used it all before Christmas then it's their own fault. 

Not every household has 1000GB/month to use. This could be either because a) they can't get a fixed broadband service to their house or b) they can't afford the monthly fee.

You would definitely be complaining if you lived in my household. We have 16GB/month using wireless broadband and at the time I received my Bonus 25GB data I had 3GB/month on my Pre-Paid offer. 

Obviously, Telstra can't please everyone and not everyone on Pre-Paid received the Bonus 25GB Data.

When I received my unexpected Bonus 25GB data, the first I thought was " Wow, Thanks Telstra, that's nice of them".

I'd like to Thank Telstra for the 25GB Bonus Data, it was very much appreciated by myself and I'm sure many other customer's. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Telstra 24x7®

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now