Highlighted
Roxy07
Level 1: Cadet

Bonus night data on freedom plus

Answered

Hi there, I am a little confused how my night bonus data is being used, I thought it should between 8pm and 8 am AEST which  what I am on in QLD. Yesterday and this morning usage right after 7am and well before 8am was deducted from my day data. I contacted chat 24/7 and they said it should be based on my local time. Is there a chance this is actually based on AEDT?  Many thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Bonus night data on freedom plus

If you are near the border and connecting to a tower in NSW that would be possible... It should be based on the local time of the tower you are connecting to... which will usually be a QLD tower unless you are right on the border then it could go either way...

That being said, the offer does clearly state the following single timezone for all customers:

Bonus Night Data

To use between 8pm-8am AEST
Offer ends 25 January 2016

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Accepted Solution

Night data no longer applies to the freedom offers, only to prepaid plus, and the times for it are automatic so cannot be changed to suit preference.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES
Accepted Solution

If you are near the border and connecting to a tower in NSW that would be possible... It should be based on the local time of the tower you are connecting to... which will usually be a QLD tower unless you are right on the border then it could go either way...

That being said, the offer does clearly state the following single timezone for all customers:

Bonus Night Data

To use between 8pm-8am AEST
Offer ends 25 January 2016

Helpful Links

Joel11

It's currently 5:13am and I'm watching my day data being used.
I've contacted Telstra about this twice already and they just say I'm set to Queensland time.
Can somebody fix this?
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Joel11, 

A little concerning what has been advised, as QLD is aligned with the rest of the eastern states at the moment as Daylight Saves has finished. 

Mobile Faults team any time on 132200 (say mobile fault) or via Live Chat here: https://livechat.telstra.com/TCOM:ContactUs:Technical:Mobiles from 4am-midnight EST can help look into it. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Joel11

I've no faith in the chat anymore.
kain1

Can you please give me same night data from 6pm to 6am thanks
Accepted Solution

Night data no longer applies to the freedom offers, only to prepaid plus, and the times for it are automatic so cannot be changed to suit preference.
Helpful Links

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more