CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
pwil3058
Level 2: Rookie

Broadband usage meter

Answered

Why has the vertical scale on my daily NBN usage graph changed 0 to 60Gb when my monthly plan is only 50Gb?  This setting makes the graphs next to useless as all normal use is just a smudge at the bottom of the graph.  It used to be a more sensible range.  Can we go back to the old setting?

Thanks

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pwil3058
Accepted Solution

Re: Broadband usage meter

I've just checked my usage and the graph seems to have gone back to its old behaviour where the vertical scale depends on the maximum value being displayed.  So I'm happy again.

Thanks

Peter

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Level 20: Director

Good point Peter, I will re-post as an "Idea" (If I can work out how to do that, as it will get greater attention
Please assist others by marking the post accordingly. If I've been of assistance please click the Kudos,
Palpatine has participated in Social Media accreditation through Telstra and has access to some enhanced support and escalation processes. Palpatine is not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely his own.
Level 24: Supreme Being

From memory it is meant to automatically scale, I think it is meant to go up in 20GB blocks based on the highest single day.

For example my highest in this month is ~30GB, so mine is showing at a scale of 40GB.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

The "Monthly" scale appears to be automatic, but the "Daily" one does not seem to scale automatically. But you may still be correct re the 20Gb blocks as a minimum, which makes those with low Mbs of daily use look poorly scaled.

?

Please assist others by marking the post accordingly. If I've been of assistance please click the Kudos,
Palpatine has participated in Social Media accreditation through Telstra and has access to some enhanced support and escalation processes. Palpatine is not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely his own.

Out of curiosity, I just checked my Aunts service (which I have linked to my MyAccount to help her out).

Her highest usage is 2.83GB this month, and her scale is out of 4GB. Her august usage is on a scale of 2GB because her highest day was under 2GB... (I will put screenshot below)

At least, I know it is meant to scale, but, then again that doesn't mean it always does what it is meant to do.

V-Aug.png

V-Oct.png

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Whereas - here is mine, just now (OK - I know, I need to get a life!!)

Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 1.26.15 PM.png

stan-curr.tiff

That one is our families, which does kinda make sense. Yours however do not make sense at all... 

Out of like 6GB (based on where it seems to sitting) would make much more sense

Helpful Links

Is it possible that the scale is based on the technology? ie, your Aunt is on ADSL, Mine is Cable, Peter (the start of this discussion) is NBN, and your family's below? Cable?

Yeah, Aunt is on ADSL, we are on FTTP NBN.

It is possible that it could have a reflection on the technology type.
Helpful Links

pwil3058

That's what it used to do for me too but its behaviour seems to have changed.

Peter

pwil3058
Accepted Solution

I've just checked my usage and the graph seems to have gone back to its old behaviour where the vertical scale depends on the maximum value being displayed.  So I'm happy again.

Thanks

Peter

View solution in original post

Telstra 24x7®

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now