CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

COVID extra data

Hey,

Is the bonus data added due to COVID-19 ongoing or just for April?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: COVID extra data

It only go to the 19 and if you are prepaid you will not receive the extra free data

Acook
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

It is for 30 days from when it is applied to the service and needs to be applied for before the 19th of April. It can be applied for on both postpaid and prepaid services. At this stage I haven’t seen anything about it being extended again, but there is always a possibility that could change. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Highlighted

In response to DrQ

i have apply many times I am prepaid and it said it was not avaible for prepaid customers

Acook
Highlighted

My apologies, that was my misunderstanding, I just went back and double checked. It was extended to the 19th of April for postpaid but appears that the prepaid offer wasn’t extended so expired at the initial date of 30th of March. 

https://exchange.telstra.com.au/supporting-our-customers-during-covid-19/

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Highlighted

DrQ

yes which is and total mess around and unfair

Acook
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

mygroundbiz wrote:

DrQ

It can be applied for on both postpaid and prepaid services. At this stage I haven’t seen anything about it being extended again, but there is always a possibility that could change. 

Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

@SusanWong wrote:

mygroundbiz wrote:

DrQ

It can be applied for on both postpaid and prepaid services. At this stage I haven’t seen anything about it being extended again, but there is always a possibility that could change. 

Hi @SusanWong 

No, it can no longer be applied to Pre-Paid services as per this official post.

We're giving our post-paid consumer and small business customers extra data when they register before 19 April 2020 to support working and studying from home or self-isolating, as part of the national response to COVID-19.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Accounts-Plans/How-to-register-for-extra-mobile-data-during-C... 

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Highlighted

@SusanWong wrote:

mygroundbiz wrote:

DrQ

Hi @SusanWong 

No. It can no longer be applied to Pre-Paid accounts as per the official post.

We're giving our post-paid consumer and small business customers extra data when they register before 19 April 2020 to support working and studying from home or self-isolating, as part of the national response to COVID-19.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Accounts-Plans/How-to-register-for-extra-mobile-data-during-C... 

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper

My Telstra

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the My Telstra app.

Find out more