CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
hammo1000
Level 3: Gumshoe

Data Charges on old mobile plan

Answered

I am not that happy that I am getting charged excess data during my plan when new plans do not and have 4 times as much data as the same plan that I was locked into.

i have 2 months to go on a 24 Month contract which I only get 15gb on, the same comparable plan now gets 60gb and no excess data.

where is the loyalty reward for me, If I want to upgrade to a new plan I will have to pay $138 so I am stuck having to limit my data use which is ridiculous.

i may as well pay it out and go to Optus as they are giving 3 Months free and 80gb of data with a new plan.

not sure what to do but I am fed up with this poor data plan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Data Charges on old mobile plan

Hi hammo1000,

If you are thinking of leaving Telstra, I suggest you speak to the Disconnection's team on 132200.

They'll be able to help you out, to keep you from going to another provider.

Just to let you know...the new month to month plans don't have Data Sharing, if you have you have that on your current plan now and use it.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

Hi hammo1000,

If you are thinking of leaving Telstra, I suggest you speak to the Disconnection's team on 132200.

They'll be able to help you out, to keep you from going to another provider.

Just to let you know...the new month to month plans don't have Data Sharing, if you have you have that on your current plan now and use it.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
hammo1000
Level 3: Gumshoe

I contacted the disconnection team and they could not have been more helpful, I have now moved over to a more suitable plan and am a happy Telstra customer again.

i am also not locked in and can move my plan monthly or cancel it if I’m not happy.

That's Fantastic....Thanks for letting me know how you got onSmiley Wink

I'm glad you're a happy Telstra customer again Smiley Happy

Telstra 24x7®

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now