Highlighted
incubus
Level 1: Cadet

Data Usage Using Foxtel Go

Answered

How much data will be used on average per hour when watching live TV on the Foxtel Go app?

Cheers. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Data Usage Using Foxtel Go

Hi incubus, the amount of usage incurred would depend on the viewing quality and the way you're accessing the app. As a rough guide, the maximum usage amounts for different access methods and viewing quality is as follows:

• 3G Phone/Tablet Best: 320 MB per hour / Low: 170 MB per hour

• Wi-Fi Phone Best: 420 MB per hour / Low: 320 MB per hour

• Wi-Fi Tablet Best: 720 MB per hour / Low: 320 MB per hour

• Wi-Fi PC/Mac Best: 1310 MB per hour / Low: 470 MB per hour

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi incubus, the amount of usage incurred would depend on the viewing quality and the way you're accessing the app. As a rough guide, the maximum usage amounts for different access methods and viewing quality is as follows:

• 3G Phone/Tablet Best: 320 MB per hour / Low: 170 MB per hour

• Wi-Fi Phone Best: 420 MB per hour / Low: 320 MB per hour

• Wi-Fi Tablet Best: 720 MB per hour / Low: 320 MB per hour

• Wi-Fi PC/Mac Best: 1310 MB per hour / Low: 470 MB per hour

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

pauly_v

I have a telstra home bundle with cable internet, phone and foxtel. From what i understand the data from foxtel is unmetered, If my mac and or ipad is connected to my home wifi using foxtel go is this also unmetered?

Support Team
Support Team

Hey pauly_v,

Welcome to Crowd Support Smiley Happy

As long as you are connected via WiFi to your fixed broadband service inside your home then the Foxtel Go service is unmetered Smiley Happy

Je_Marr
Level 2: Rookie

HI,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 and can now download Foxtel Go.

I have home internet and Foxtel from Telstra, but want to get data for my note to watch Foxtel Go. 

What is the best option from Telstra for mobile data and will it include free download like my home internet does?

mathans86

Hi,

I have Foxtel Go and Telstra Broadband and I know that usage is unmetred if I am using Foxtel Go on my home broadband.

However, if I go to someone else's house and use Foxtel Go on their internet connection, providing they also have Telstra Broadband, will the usage using my device and Foxtel Go be unmetered on their internet connection as well? 

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes. The use of Foxtel Go is unmetered on Telstra Home Broadband. The accounts do not need to be associated for this to be the case.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Disadvantaged

Hi,

I only have bigpond mobile broadband available to me, does this mean I cant watch Foxtel go Unmetered.

Support Team
Support Team

Foxtel Go is only unmeterered for fixed broadband services - ADSL, Cable and NBN. Mobile broadband is not unmetered.

Thanks

Sperez41

I'm unable to get ADSL or NBN at my property. And Telstra will only provide me with mobile broadband. Does that mean that my Foxtel Go usage is metered when I use my wifi? If so I find that very unfair as I have no other choice but to use mobile broadband. There should be allowances made for those who have no choice. If I had the choice I would have NBN or ADSL and I have been trying to get it for many years.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Sperez41, 

As JesseS has outlined in the previous post: "Foxtel Go is only unmeterered for fixed broadband services - ADSL, Cable and NBN. Mobile broadband is not unmetered"

You can find more details here https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/entertainment/foxtel-from-telstra/everything-you-need-to...

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

lindadr

We are in Telstra smart Velocity area is our Foxtel un metred. ty.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi lindadr

Foxtel Go is unmetered when your device is connected to your Telstra Home Broadband connection. NOTE: it is not unmetered if you are streaming when connected to the Telstra mobile network.

If however you are referring to the newly released Foxtel Go service, it is metered and will count towards your data allowance. Regardless of your connection type.

lindadr

Thank you.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more