CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
changeprovider
Level 1: Cadet

Data Usage

Is it just me or does Telstra have some secret way of ensuring Data gets chewed up faster than with other providers and then commence charging $10 and $10 and $10... until you just wish you hadn't signed a contract with them and start warning everyone you speak with.

I changed my mobile to Telstra about 6 months ago and am on a 12Gb plan, which I thought was ample for my usage... always had been

I don't use my phone for gaming and only watch the occassional 3 minute video and download a few pics.. read news... a few whats app conversations a month

But they've managed to charge me for an extra 18Gb over 15 days

Unlike Amaysim,who I now wish I'd stayed with, Telstra's site doesn't seem to allow me to monitor my usage

Am I wrong? If there is a way to monitor my usage (and more to the point monitor Telsra!) and clear up this problem can someone please direct me to it? Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
0--0
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Data Usage

They all do this $10 per GB thing. It's a price fixed cabal that the ACCC won't act on, because it is good at making excuses.

Mobile can chew up your data, because the device has to re-send if there are any errors. If you have poor reception, it will cost more.

Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Data Usage

You can indeed monitor your usage.

You can view your usage at http://tel.st/myacc on any device or

You can view your usage via the 24x7 App on iOS and Android devices

If you have an android device compatible you can also get a dashboard widget which shows your usage.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Telstra 24x7®

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now