Highlighted
jaycee_m
Level 2: Rookie

Data Usage

Answered

I always switched off my phone at night; however, this morning, when I switch it back on, I received 3 text messages from Telstra saying that I have used $20, $40 and $50 of data and that charges will continue to apply. I was wondering how I could use $110 of data when the phone was switched off.

Can anyone assist, please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Deedz
Level 11: Detective
Accepted Solution

Re: Data Usage

No worries! Yes Telstra can give you your data usage details in categories like web, streaming, etc. you may need to speak to a mobile faults consultant for them to be able to give you those records over the phone though. They can be contacted on 132200 and say mobile fault.

Else you can manage your data via the Telstra 24x7 app for your smart phone.

Hope that helps Smiley Happy
Do or do not, there is no try...

I am a Telstra Employee but participate in the forum on my own time, my opinions are my own and don't necessarily represent my employer

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Deedz

Data can be delayed for up to 4 hours, so if you were smashing the data before you turned it off that would make sense.

Also if you have multiple mobile services as well take note that most mobiles services with Telstra share data, do you have another mobile device/sim with Telstra that could of used it while the mobile was off?

I am a Telstra Employee but participate in the forum on my own time, my opinions are my own and don't necessarily represent my employer
jaycee_m
Level 2: Rookie

Thank you for your reply. I do not use my phone to browse on the net, have social networking or stream music or videos. I sometimes send MMS but not often. How can I find the origin of the data usage. Can Telstra tell me how the data usage came about. I await your reply eagerly.

Deedz
Accepted Solution

No worries! Yes Telstra can give you your data usage details in categories like web, streaming, etc. you may need to speak to a mobile faults consultant for them to be able to give you those records over the phone though. They can be contacted on 132200 and say mobile fault.

Else you can manage your data via the Telstra 24x7 app for your smart phone.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more