CrowdSupport®
Ashley29
Level 1: Cadet

Data Usage

I was recommended the phone and internet plan I am on by a Telstra staff memver only 1 week ago. Having told her exactly what my needs for the account were she recommended my current plan. I have only had it for a week and I have used over 50% of my data! Why the hell would this product be advisavle for someone that browses the internet each night and watches netflix in the evenings. I told her exactly how often I used the internet and this is going to cost me a fortune at this rate!!!!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Data Usage

Telstra Mobile/Tablet plans are not designed (In my opinion due to costs) an option if you are going to be using it for Netflix on a continuing basis.

Telstra does have a mobile plan (Using a compatible Mobile).

40GB for $69/mth on our Endless Data BYO plan.

Enjoy a massive 40GB. After that, no excess data charges will apply, however
speeds will be capped at 1.5Mbps and may be slowed further during busy periods
(not suitable for HD video or high speed applications, and some webpages,
videos, social media content and large files may take longer to load).

You would be limited to SD Netflix after the 40GB is used however. 

(Fair Use Policy applies).

So you would need to run your mobile as a hotspot to watch Netflix on a tablet but I think it would be buffering too much.

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Data Usage

If it was a recontract and done part way through a month it might be also reflecting it as a prorata of the data allowance for the part of the month.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Telstra 24x7®

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now