CrowdSupport®
Abroxx
Level 1: Cadet

Data free for Mobile customers

Answered
Hi All,

I just did the subscription for Telstra Live Pass. While registering it was written that live afl pass will be DATA FREE for Telstra mobile customers.

Not sure If I am misunderstanding something. Does data free streaming means Mobile data won't get used while seeing live afl.

I thought my dada wont get used while seeing afl live but it is actually getting used.

Please help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Data free for Mobile customers

The data is unmetered when watching video on the Live Pass app.

You may still experience data usage when streaming radio, browsing non-video content, or downloading the app, etc.

As data metering is done on the network end, your phone will also still record data being used, as your phone is just telling you the total data usage on the device without taking into consideration how the data may be calculated by the network.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

The data is unmetered when watching video on the Live Pass app.

You may still experience data usage when streaming radio, browsing non-video content, or downloading the app, etc.

As data metering is done on the network end, your phone will also still record data being used, as your phone is just telling you the total data usage on the device without taking into consideration how the data may be calculated by the network.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Abroxx,

Is there any concern that the data usage for your mobile plan is increasing specifically while viewing video streaming on the AFL Live App? Do you monitor your usage via the Telstra 24x7 app? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now