frank131
Level 1: Cadet

Data share question

Answered

My mobile - tablet shared data plan is for 2.5gb but my tablet is showing on the screen 100mb usage. Is the shared data split between the two devices or is my tablet only allowed 100mb before I have to purchase more data? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

Re: Data share question

I am glad you understand Frank cause I don't. Maybe you need to type slower and in smaller words for me. Smiley LOL

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8

I am a bit ignorant on this subject however I do not believe that the data is shared evenly. In other words if you have 3 devices on a data share plan either one of those devices can use all of the data.

Edit: Just saw a Telstra video that suggests that maybe the 100MB for tablet is correct.

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/plans-and-rates/mobile-accelerate-data-share-plans

Hmm I played that video 3 times and I am not sure what they saying. Share your phone data with 5 sim compatible devices with 100MB for your tablet or tablets. I think you might be best to ring them up to find out as I can not see any fine print on the subect.

frank131

thanks for the reply. I will ring as video is the first I have seen with the 100mb total alowance for the data share. Could be bit deceiving if this is the case.

Highlighted

I can’t pick up clearly what they are saying about the tablet. Something about 100MB for a tablet however that makes absolutely no sense to me at all. If you have 1.6GB of mobile data to share why would they limit it to 100MB for your tablet? They also mention sharing your mobile data with your laptop but don’t mention any data limit.

I guess if you were the one that owned and operated these devices data sharing would be a complete waste of time and money given you can tether all these devices to a modern mobile phone.

Level 18: Intelligence Chief

You get 100mg on the share sim to add to what ever your plan data is, you can then use the data on either devices as you like, you are not restricted as to which  device uses the data only in how much you have overall so if you have 2.5gb you can use that on either device just as long as you dont go over the 2.5gb sharing it .Hope that makes some sense

frank131

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping this was the case when we signed up for the plan. When I couldnt change the 100mb on the app I started to wonder what I had signed up to but what you have said makes sence .

Accepted Solution

I am glad you understand Frank cause I don't. Maybe you need to type slower and in smaller words for me. Smiley LOL

Level 18: Intelligence Chief

Sorry if i didnt make any sence to you Yeldarb i was just tryin to help i have a share sim myself

I was only having a laugh Bunty and it was not directed at you. Thanks for your help!

Telstra 24x7®

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now