CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
aussiegypsy
Level 3: Gumshoe

Data share question

I've just updated my plan adding more data for my mobile phone on a 12 month contract.  That data however only shows not on that phone.  Previously I'd shared data between my mobile phone and mobile wifi.  How do I now arrange the same data share again?  Thanks in advance for advice.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
aussiegypsy

Re: Data share question

oops I meant the above question to read …..
I've just updated my plan adding more data for my mobile phone on a 12 month contract. That data however only shows on that phone part of my account. Previously I'd shared data between my mobile phone and mobile wifi. How do I now arrange the same data share again? Thanks in advance for advice.
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

From my understanding Data sharing has been discontinued on new plans in place of peace of mind data
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

aussiegypsy

Thanks for that info about peace of mind data. What does that actually translate to in terms of the earlier sharing data version? Much appreciate your advice on this.
aussiegypsy

Thanks again for your lead to the peace of mind data area. I've gone back and read the fine details much more thoroughly and realise I've made a mistake in upgrading to something that now sounds as if it will be another $10 month to share data rather than just the $49 pm I'd anticipated. Guess I'll hang on the end of a phone now to sort out this one but I do appreciate your advice.
aussiegypsy

For anyone else reading this who needs help with the now obsolete data sharing of the past my experience has been - given it was my mistake by not reading the fine print enough - that I rang 132200 and discussed the fact I now had an enormous amount of data on my phone I couldn't access with other devices. After talking through various options I'm happy with changing the plans of several other associated devices to get a much better deal than I thought I had done online yesterday. Thanks!

Telstra 24x7®

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now