CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
ASCLEO
Level 2: Rookie

Data usage

Answered

What in hours of use does 3.49GB of Data give?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ASCLEO
Accepted Solution

Re: Data usage

Thank you Supreme Being (I confess, I am laughing.)

I do hope that the concept of Boy Scouterie (strange names and class structures) works on de-stressing people with real problems.

I do not use my mobile for emails. I couldn't think of anything worse than trying to unravel a lengthy email on a mobile phone. No doubt, people get used to it.

I will accept your answer to my question and put away my thoughts on using my mobile for internet access.

Thank you Supreme Being. It must be useful to have all the answers.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 22: Superhuman

It gives usage since last bill.  It is not time based usage, but the actual amount of data.

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

The hours of use will depend on what you are using the data for. If only using foe email and web browsing with no video streaming and only used for one device it could las for more than 30 days.

If used for HD video it will last for just under an hour. SD video will give about 4 hours

ASCLEO

Thank you for your response. 

I am aware that it is not time based, however, my question is one of time.

I do believe it is possible to approximate.

As I have unlimited download on my PC, the limitation of 3.49GB of data allocated for my mobile plan is simply a limitation. I do not need the internet access on my mobile but I do watch many tutorials and so called education videos and I thought that maybe, somewhere there would be an approximate guide as to how long 3.49GB would last? 

As I have not accessed the internet via my mobile except via my wifi thingo, I was wondering just how much I could watch, read, etc should I wish to connect to Telstra's connection (?) before the 3.49GB ran out. 

Just some kind of simple example - like how big is a movie - how many Utube tutorials could I watch et cetera?

Thank you once again for your response.

ASCLEO
Accepted Solution

Thank you Supreme Being (I confess, I am laughing.)

I do hope that the concept of Boy Scouterie (strange names and class structures) works on de-stressing people with real problems.

I do not use my mobile for emails. I couldn't think of anything worse than trying to unravel a lengthy email on a mobile phone. No doubt, people get used to it.

I will accept your answer to my question and put away my thoughts on using my mobile for internet access.

Thank you Supreme Being. It must be useful to have all the answers.

Telstra 24x7®

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now