CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Data usage

Answered

I have just looked online at my data usage which shows 42 out of 50g used on my data only nighthawk plan, but have recieved an emaiil telling me I went over the 50g and have been charged an extra $10 for 1g - the stat usage is always higher on the nighthawk (one hour of Netflix is 2.5 to 3g and no its not on HD) - does anyone else have this problem? the data calculation on the nighthawk is a lot higher than on my iPhone

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Data usage

Hello @JNN Welcome to CrowdSupport! 

I'm sorry you're experiencing a data discrepancy between the usage meter and notifications. There can be a delay between when you reach a milestone and when your usage meter updates but generally the notifications are fairly accurate. If you feel your data readings are incorrect though you can speak with tech support here:  https://tel.st/jwjlx or 133 933 24x7 and we can assist further with your mobile broadband device Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

This issue with Nighthawks has been reported several times by other customers. 

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hello @JNN Welcome to CrowdSupport! 

I'm sorry you're experiencing a data discrepancy between the usage meter and notifications. There can be a delay between when you reach a milestone and when your usage meter updates but generally the notifications are fairly accurate. If you feel your data readings are incorrect though you can speak with tech support here:  https://tel.st/jwjlx or 133 933 24x7 and we can assist further with your mobile broadband device Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

My Telstra

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the My Telstra app.

Find out more