CrowdSupport®
Bella281
Level 1: Cadet

Direct Debits

I received a text message from Telstra a week ago that stated should I set up direct debit to pay my monthly iPhone bill i would receive an increase in my GB usage but that hasn’t happened 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Direct Debits

This sounds a bit unusual or "suss"

Did you verify that the text came from Telstra?

I have not heard of this type of message before.

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

@Bella281 I haven't heard of this promo either, not to say there isn't one.

But, when you set up direct debit did you do it directly through a Telstra portal, and not using a link within the sms text message?

I'd be a bit worried if you did via the later.

Maybe a Telstra Rep on here can confirm either way if there is a promo out there with this deal?

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Bella281,

This does sound like a scam message. There are currently no promotions where you would set up a direct debit and gain extra data.

Did the text message contain a link at all? If so did you enter your details via that link or set up a direct debit through My Account or the 24/7 app?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now