CrowdSupport®
Offbeatmammal
Level 1: Cadet

Does Telstra offer data share SIMs?

I recently got a new phone, and as the old one is pretty battered but still weatherproof plan to continue to use it as the GPS on my motorbike... but I don't really want a new account for it, and I'd prefer not to have to tether and drain the battery on my current phone at the same time ... do Telstra offer a data-only SIM option that can share the data on my same line (seems like a no-brainer... they're not losing out as I'd use the same data either way, but I can't find an option to add a SIM anywhere)

I noticed with the recent contract change our 'family sharing' went away, but as we ended up with enough data that it shouldn't be a problem for the same price I wasn't too concerned.... but if that was a sneaky way to take away sharing then it might be time for the family to jump ship...

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Does Telstra offer data share SIMs?

From my understanding data share plans are no longer available on consumer mobile services.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Telstra 24x7®

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now