Highlighted
VivienneR
Level 1: Cadet

Extra Data

Answered
Hi, I have had endless problems with my internet dropping out & have been trying for months to have the problem sorted.
Telstra sent me a new Smart modem that switches to mobile when my internet drops out.
I have just received my bill and have been charged $70 for excess data usage. I have never gone over data so I’m assuming it is because of my internet dropping out constantly.
I have requested a refund with no respons from Telstra. Can anyone tell me if they have had similar problems?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Extra Data

The 4G back data used by the smart modem comes out off your monthly data allowance for your Broadband internet connection. It does not counted towards your mobile phones data allowance. If you received a bill for excess data usage on the mobile phone it is not due to the smart modem.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: Extra Data

The 4G back data used by the smart modem comes out off your monthly data allowance for your Broadband internet connection. It does not counted towards your mobile phones data allowance. If you received a bill for excess data usage on the mobile phone it is not due to the smart modem.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more