Trax5
Level 1: Cadet

Extra Data

Hi there, im currently unhappy with my existing mobile plan, what would b the cost involved to cancel, im always using up my current data amount,requiring more,but finding this to expensive thankyou 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Extra Data

As a public forum we can’t access your account so can’t tell you any applicable fees however in general terms.

If you are on a BYO plan you can recontract to a new plan, there is no penalty for doing this when you recontract as the ETC is waived. On some old plans a $50 recontracting fee may apply, but my understanding is that this is no longer applicable if you are on a newer plan.

If you are on a plan with a handset, again the same guidelines apply for the most part, except, you are required to pay out the current device, this will be based on the device cost / 24 x the months left in your contract.

So if the device is 1200, divided by 24 it is $50 per month, if you did it with 5 months left you would have to pay out approximately $250 (it is calculated to the day)

The exception would be if you are on a lease plan in that case you would either pay a fee and return the device or pay out the device.

Depending on Your situation it may be cheaper to look at Right Planning to the next plan size up or adding a data pack to give you more data.

You can view your current price to upgrade (unless on a lease plan) in my account by clicking the service and contract details. Http://tel.st/myacc
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more