CrowdSupport®
DC2
Level 1: Cadet

Extra mobile data

I want to buy extra data for mobile, the $10 - 1g goes in a day not very good value

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 20: Director

Re: Extra mobile data

From what I understand data packs will no longer be available. https://www.telstra.com.au/latest-offers/extra-data

Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Extra mobile data

Previously data packs were $15 for 1GB and $10 per GB over 3GB ( eg. $30 for 3GB, $60 for 6GB)... so essentially what has happened is that they have removed those and replaced it with a basic $10 per GB. It actually makes it cheaper on lower usage and the same rate on higher, however if you have a month where you use less you only pay for what you use (before if you had a $60 data pack and one month used 5.5 then the next only used 3.5 you paid for the full data pack both months, now you would pay $60 one month nad only $40 the next... it is more flexible in a lot of ways and actually the same price... also it lasts to the end of the month not one day, unless you use at GB in a day, in which case i know of no mobile plan with any carrier which would be cheap and provide 30GB+... 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Telstra 24x7®

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now