Highlighted
marvy
Level 3: Gumshoe

Free data 03.04.2016

Answered

Can any one tell me why when the free data was offered on Sunday 3rd April that it shows as metered data against my usage.  I did take advantage of it expecting that my data allowance wouldn't be affected.  I got an email from Telstra to say there would be free data on that day, see extract;

"To help make up for any inconvenience, we hope you can take advantage of our free data day within Australia this Sunday 3 April 2016. Whether you’re on a pre-paid or post-paid mobile, tablet or mobile broadband plan, you will automatically receive free data, from midnight to midnight in your local Australian time zone, on Sunday 3 April 2016."

Cheers  Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
marvy
Accepted Solution

Re: Free data 03.04.2016

Thanks Lindy,

It appears that the free data was ONLY for mobile data, and not inclusive of the home data allowance.  The home data was my query.  This was cleared up following your advise to contact LiveChat.

Rob

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Rob,

If you have been charged for Data last Sunday, please speak with our Billing team either by calling 132200 (7am to 9.40pm) or via Live Chat  http://tel.st/49kl (available 24x7) so we can get this sorted out, as you should not be charged between Midnight and Midnight on that day. 

-         Lindy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

marvy
Accepted Solution

Thanks Lindy,

It appears that the free data was ONLY for mobile data, and not inclusive of the home data allowance.  The home data was my query.  This was cleared up following your advise to contact LiveChat.

Rob

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more