CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Going over Data allowance when internet not even in use

Can anyone tell me why I might be going over my data allowance when I’m using internet very rarely. I have 100Gb allowance as I’ve had for years. Recently relocated and had internet moved to new residence and a week and a half later I get an email telling me I’m over my allowance. 

So I called Telstra to query this but the person I spoke to just gave me a top up without telling me how I could have used that much data. So I receive the top up giving me another 100Gb. Following this we are away for the weekend not home not using anything all data related items switched off or disconnected. On returning home I receive another email informing me I’m about go over my allowance again. Any help would be appreciated the folk you speak to over the phone have no clue how to help. This surely is some sort of mistake. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Going over Data allowance when internet not even in use

You'd need to call billing on 13 22 00 so they can raise an escalation to have the data reviewed if you're sure you've isolated your devices form using the connection while you were away.
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.

My Telstra

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the My Telstra app.

Find out more