Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Level 15: Special Agent

Re: Data Help Please!

Have a look here.

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Apple-iPhone5/High-data-usage/td-p/85602

Windows Phone Enthusiast, Nokia Lumia 920, 1020 & 520, Microsoft Surface. Windows 8.1. Employed in Telecommunications industry.

I DO NOT work for Telstra, all views and opinions are my own and I do not represent any company whilst in this forum. Follow any advice I give at your own risk as I hold no liability if my advice is wrong.
Level 2: Rookie
0 Kudos

I've read through this three times already, and all it says to me is a lot of arguing. I know other people are experiencing it, I just want to know if there is something that I'm not doing to try and reduce it.

The only thing that has helped is turning off internet all together, but then that really defeats the purpose of having a smart phone ):

0 Kudos

Re: 4G data usage

I'm in the same boat, both me and my partner.

We look at usage before bed and when we wake up, and it's chewing 20-50MB while we sleep! Any help appreciated.

Level 1: Cadet
0 Kudos

You can download something like Data Usage Monitor or DataWiz which will at least tell you where and when the data is being used on the phone but not which Apps or Processes as far as I can tell.
Level 15: Special Agent
0 Kudos

Try this one then, looks a bit more helpful.

http://m.smh.com.au/digital-life/mobiles/fixing-iphone-5s-battery-and-data-drain-bugs-20121002-26x8n...

Smiley Happy

Windows Phone Enthusiast, Nokia Lumia 920, 1020 & 520, Microsoft Surface. Windows 8.1. Employed in Telecommunications industry.

I DO NOT work for Telstra, all views and opinions are my own and I do not represent any company whilst in this forum. Follow any advice I give at your own risk as I hold no liability if my advice is wrong.
Level 4: Private Eye
0 Kudos

Re: High data usage

I've had mine 1 day and only 2mb so no issues here.
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Same ..... had mine since Tuesday and used normal amounts of data.

Level 4: Private Eye

Day 2 - 4.7Mb

Phone used all day.
0 Kudos

Re: iPhone 5 high data usage when not using phone

I've had to increase my data plan from 1.5GB to 4.5GB - to avoid overage fees. I am also setting my iPhone 5 into flight mode to just put a halt to this data useage. I've got a new iPhone but I ca't actually use it. Two years ago I had a similar problem and it took me weeks for Telstra to kill my $1,500 data bill! I don't want to go through that again! So I just put it into flight mode. Since I got my iPhone 5 it claims I have used 1.7GB of data. Now I've just shut the radios down to be safe. I'm only half way through my billing period.

0 Kudos

So now I have turned off flight mode but turned off cellular data. Don't now seem to be consuming data. This is crazy stuff. I have not watched any you  tube videos etc. I do use downcast as a podcast catcher but it is switched to ONLY download podcasts on wifi. I suspect it/iOS6 is the culprit. 

0 Kudos

Telstra, you need to talk to Apple and fix this so I can actually use my phone. This is ridiculous and I don't care whether its your fault or Apple's. I just want it fixed. I paid $1000 for a smart phone that I can now only use as a dumb phone + iPod Touch.

Community Alumni (Retired)
0 Kudos

denevans wrote:

Telstra, you need to talk to Apple and fix this so I can actually use my phone. This is ridiculous and I don't care whether its your fault or Apple's. I just want it fixed. I paid $1000 for a smart phone that I can now only use as a dumb phone + iPod Touch.

Telstra is according to some news sources.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

0 Kudos

Turning cellular data off certainly stopped the data leakage. Same data figures this morning as last night.

0 Kudos

Turned cellular data off on my wifes iPhone 4S last night too. So we have 2 dumb phones+ipod touches. Great.

0 Kudos

Turned on cellular data for ~1hr while on wifi and everything was ok. Turned it back off while i go to sleep. I can't chance another data attack!!! Part of the problem is that the Telcos overage fees are more than an order of magnitude greater than the plna rate.

0 Kudos

It's terrible to have to use data, like you're in a foreign country. This sucks!!!
0 Kudos

Hmmmm ... perhaps there is something going on with data.

Up until now my usage has been pretty much what I would expect ... today I was really busy at work and barely pick up my phone. Ive just checked data usage for today and they (Telstra) reckon I've used 61Mb ??

This needs closer scrutiny .....

0 Kudos

Here's a link showing a video of data leak from an iPhone 5.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4392397?start=0&tstart=0

0 Kudos

Somehow managed to burn through 4gb of data in 7 days (on a 2.5gb plan).

LTE is switched off, don't have cloud synching, 80% of my day I am connected to wireless networks.

Before I switched to Telstra, my Optus iPhone plan struggled to hit 1.2gb a month - Somehow on telstra with the same usage I'm projected to be using 16x as much per month.

Something is seriously wrong here.

0 Kudos

I wonder if there is an app than can identify which process is using the data ??

0 Kudos

I have stopped my data leak! At least for the last 3 hours. The problem is that Apple has too many places to turn off iCloud and it gets you thinking you've iCloud when you haven't. Apple needs to clean this up.

To stop the leak I had to do a number of things.

Settings: General:: cellular: cellular data on; now turn iCloud Documents off; and iTunes off; Facetime off.

Now go back

Settings: iCloud; turn my photo stream off and for documents and data click Use Cellar data "off". I leave mail contacts calendars reminder etc all "on".

In my case I think Photostream is the culprit. I take lots of photos. For others it might be iTunes. Apple needs to simplify this. We need a SIMPLE way to disable the use of cellular data for the various synced functions.

My data is still where it was 3hrs 15 minutes ago. Yes!

Level 3: Gumshoe

Guys check out this link, it was posted by another member in another forum about data leakage.

Here's a link showing a video of data leak from an iPhone 5.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4392397?start=0&tstart=0

Might help you out... I've just done it and hoping its fixed my problem

0 Kudos

Not working for me unfortunately. I've downloaded 'data usage' app (I think it was 99c) and it shows my data climing almost every second, even thought I"m connected to wifi and all my apps are closed and I've completely disabled iCloud. I am so frustrated!

The only solution is turnign off mobile data, which is ridiculous. Why have an iPhone if you cant use the data service?

0 Kudos

NOPE, DIDNT SOLVE MY PROBLEM.

I've downloaded 'data usage' app (I think it was 99c) and it shows my data climing almost every second, even thought I"m connected to wifi and all my apps are closed and I've completely disabled iCloud. I am so frustrated!

The only solution is turnign off mobile data, which is ridiculous. Why have an iPhone if you cant use the data service?

0 Kudos

Sorry to hear that. I use DataMan to monitor my data use. It's 99cents in the app store.

0 Kudos

Data usage OK  After 11.5 hrs.

you live in fear. Do I turn off cell data tonight? Probably. Because I don't trust any of them.  Why do we carry all the risk. THe whole situation is ridiculous.

0 Kudos

leaving it on tonight. No more data leakage since my fix early this morinng.
0 Kudos

What's chewing up all my iphone5 data?

I have an iphone 5 on the $30 Encore Cap - I've been on Telstra now for about 2 months, and usage as been normal - but on Sunday night at 3 in the morning my iphone downloaded 288MB of mystery data.. which totally wiped out my credit and data quota. I'm not sure what the 288MB was - I was asleep at the time and my phone should have been connected on wifi anyway since I was at home.

Anyhow.. I spoke to Telstra who weren't able to tell me what the data usage was, but advised me in order to stop it happening again to flick cellular data on and off manually as I need it.. which is a bit of a pain - and while it will stop errant data, it's not really how I want to use my phone.

So my question is.. is there another way to stop this happening again .. or to track what app is guzzling all this data? I know there are programs out there that track data usage - but I'm more interested in stopping it from happening in the first place, rather than seeing the aftermath of no credit. I am a bit loathe to recharge until I sort this out in case I get another random download/wipe of credit. Please help!

0 Kudos

Re: What's chewing up all my iphone5 data?

I posted a few days ago complaining that my phone had used 61Mb of data on day when I had hardly used my phone .... I've now noticed that for the last three days when I have used my phones data for various things, my account is reporting zero data usage for all three days !

I'm begining to think that this might be an issue with the data usage reporting within Telstra's system ?

0 Kudos

Hi Remi,

If you usage as recorded on the phone (Settings > General > Usage > Mobile Usage) is the same as whats recorded on Telstra, then it's "valid" usage.

B.

New Users - Click Here!

0 Kudos

Don't bother contacting Telstra, only advice they offer is to turn off data.  I have the same issue on my post-paid (iPhone5) and pre-paid (iPhone4).  I have exceeded my quota on both and my only option is to pay more $$.  I was also told by Telstra to visit a Appe store as it is their problem.  So I did.

Naturally Apple claims it is a Telstra (Carrier) issue which makes sense.  Considering there is already a fix in the US for this, why is it taking Telstra so long.  Does anyone have a phone number for Verizon that we can pass onto Telstra to hurry this up?  Since the release of ios6 I have used 2gig of data, and I work from home....

0 Kudos

Alfee wrote: 

Naturally Apple claims it is a Telstra (Carrier) issue which makes sense.

How? Apple creates and releases the iOS software. Telstra doesn't have a hand in creating software.

Apple would say it was Space Aliens to avoid having to admit fault.

Alfee wrote:

Considering there is already a fix in the US for this, why is it taking Telstra so long.  Does anyone have a phone number for Verizon that we can pass onto Telstra to hurry this up?  Since the release of ios6 I have used 2gig of data, and I work from home....

Telstra does not, to the best of my knowledge (which is pretty decent I feel), release updates for iOS. Apple releases updates for iOS, and Telstra provides Apple with the information required.

If you check the Usage Meter in Settings > General > Usage > Mobile Usage and it matches what is on Telstra's website, then it is a handset fault, to which Telstra, as a supplier of a Mobile service, is not liable for (There is different rules for customers who acquired the phone directly from Telstra, but I digress).

B.

New Users - Click Here!

0 Kudos

Maybe it's just me but when I purchase a service from a company, in this case a mobile phone service, I expect some type of support.  Telling me to go away and contact a hardware provider does not help me.

So as a customer, with both Telstra and Apple pointing figures at each other, I am still out of pocket and rising daily.

I would hate the same type of service from my electicity provider. Trying to track down the manufacturer of the sub-station would be difficult.....

Level 22: Superhuman

Alfee wrote:

So as a customer, with both Telstra and Apple pointing figures at each other, I am still out of pocket and rising daily.

I would hate the same type of service from my electicity provider.

So, using your analogy, if there is an appliance on your premises that is consuming (from your perspective) unexpectedly large amounts of electricity at your cost, then you would demand and/or expect that your electricity provider:

1. identify the appliance if it is not yet identified;

2. fix, or figure out how to fix, the appliance if/once it is identified so that if doesn't consume electricity excessively (whatever else it does, since that wouldn't have anything to do with the electricity supply service); and/or

3. offer an amnesty on electricity charges on your account, if a fix is not (yet) available and you want to keep using your appliance the way you would like,

instead of just saying consumption of electricity by any appliance plugged in on your premises is your issue, and please get the appliance fixed if you want to use it without incurring excessive electricity charges?

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
0 Kudos

Valid point, but I bought from Telstra a service, mobile service and hardware as a package.  They cannot now run away saying the hardware is Apple's so leave us alone.  My service provider here is Telstra not Apple.  I am paying Telstra for a service.....

You didn't have to tell me you worked for Telstra, your reply mimics their attitude to this problem.  I don't mean to offend but  Telstra needs to take ownership of the problem not just my monthly fee plus now extras.

I unfortunately am in the service industry and attitudes like Telstra stinks.  I have had no responses to my formal complaints yet I bet I will recieve my bill in a few days time.

Level 22: Superhuman
0 Kudos

Alfee wrote:

Valid point, but I bought from Telstra a service, mobile service and hardware as a package.

I'll let Telstra's official representatives clarify – if they elect to do so – whether the service and the equipment was sold as a package, and will be the basis on which your entitlements as a customer are determined.

I am paying Telstra for a service.....

Yes, you are – as am I, as a customer with a Telstra Mobile service. Now let's look at what that means. From Section 2 of Part A – General in the Telstra Mobile section of Our Customer Terms  

What is the Telstra Mobile Service?

2.1Our mobile service gives you:
 (a) access to our GSM, 3G and Next G networks; 
 (b) the ability to make and receive phone calls;
 (c) a mobile phone number; and
 (d) a choice of directory listing options. 
2.2Telstra mobile MessageBank is a feature of your mobile service. International roaming may also be given to you as part of your service. You will be charged for call forwarding to MessageBank, retrieval of messages and if you make or receive calls overseas, as set out in Part F - Managing Calls and Part I - Heading Overseas (International Roaming) of the Telstra Mobile Section of Our Customer Terms. If you do not want MessageBank or international roaming, please ask use.

So, are you able to connect a compatible handset (which the iPhone 5 is one) to Telstra's mobile networks on the service for which you're paying, and make and receive phone calls, as well as access MessageBank?

I don't mean to offend but  Telstra needs to take ownership of the problem not just my monthly fee plus now extras.

Now, assuming your service is on an Every Day Connect plan, section 10 of Part B – Our Current Consumer Pricing Plans in the Telstra Mobile section of Our Customer Terms implies that your service also allows you to send text, picture and video (i.e. SMS and MMS) messages, send and receive packet data, as well as access to MessageBank Plus (aka visual voicemail) if your specific plan includes it or you've otherwise elected to have it enabled as an additionally chargeable service feature.

Is Telstra not supplying you one or more stated aspects or features of the service you “bought”? I'm always keen for Telstra customers – including myself – to get their entitlement, per their service agreements, without undue difficulty or delay. As the service provider, Telstra must take ownership of discharging all of its contractual obligations to its customers, with regard to their services. However, your personal expectations outside of the official description, and terms and conditions of a service does not define what is “bought”, or otherwise supplied commercially on contractual agreement.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
0 Kudos

The frustration is palpable here - we are stuck between a rock and a hard place because both Apply and Teltra are denying it's their problem. I also don't know whose problem it is - I am not a technological expert. 

I received my handset through Telstra and have chewed through my data at around 6x the usual rate (of my previous iPhone 4S on the optus network). I am 50mb away from exceeding my data allowance, and still have over 2 weeks of my plan to go. Seeing as the only response from Telstra has been to 'turn off cellular data' (an impractical solution), will I be reimbursed for any data package I purchase if it is discovered that there is a problem with the product (Apple's fault but Telstra provided me with a faulty product) or with Telstra's service?

(Note that I have now deleted my iCloud account and attempted all the other data-usage solutions offered - it is too late for me, I am too close to my data limit).

Thanks.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

shoephone wrote:

The frustration is palpable here - we are stuck between a rock and a hard place because both Apply and Teltra are denying it's their problem. I also don't know whose problem it is - I am not a technological expert. 

I agree, I supsect the issue is iOS, but I can't replicate it on my handset. I restored from scratch, had battery issues so did Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings which seems to have placated them.

If someone has this issue and wants to work with me, I'm happy to report a bug to Apple Engineering on their behalf using the Developer Bug Reporter (http://bugreport.apple.com)but the problem is that I cant do it as I don't have a dodgy handset Smiley Sad

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Level 17: Bureau Chief
0 Kudos

shoephone wrote:

Are they? I haven't heard anybody say anything officially about this recently. In fact, it's VERY quiet and that seems to be one of the complaints.

I know nothing here other than the fact that anything involving Apple always includes heavy NDAs and so I would guess that anybody who does know what's going on can't say anything. Which is a **bleep** shame because it screws customers service which is our stated focus. 

I have never known a publically debated problem to be unknown to the company. In fact, on the contrary, I've always found internal people to know MUCH more than everybody else (once you get back to the real technical people on the back end). 

Not that this helps anybody, of course. Other than my trusting belief that it must be being looked at in great detail and those doing so probably can't discuss it.

--
Kevin
[ I am a Telstra Employee however my posts here are done in a personal capacity.]
0 Kudos

Re: iphone 5 Data usage spike

Hi guys,

I have noticed a 2GB in one day use, and that was thanks to Apple restoring my phone from the cloud, which should be using wifi but somehow still managed to show up in my LTE. 

Now, I wrote an email, as a business customer 

But fax to:

1800 753 949

State that it isn't your responsibility but Telstra to deal with Apple and get a fix for this known iOS 6 issue. As data usage is out of your control, you should be having amnesty for any data usage until a patch is done. This is a result of the software not recognising Wifi sometimes and falls back to LTE.

Please all fax in, as the more people who can do it, the more aware Telstra will be of the issue. I certainly won't accept paying for data that should have been wifi, nor will i be accept being asked to make my phone a paper-weight, until it is resolved, as I didn't buy an iPhone 5 to not use data.

0 Kudos

doronkatz wrote:

Please all fax in, as the more people who can do it, the more aware Telstra will be of the issue. I certainly won't accept paying for data that should have been wifi, nor will i be accept being asked to make my phone a paper-weight, until it is resolved, as I didn't buy an iPhone 5 to not use data.

As has already been mentioned, simply because Telstra doesn't tell YOU that they are aware of an issue doesn't mean they aren't aware of it.

As Drat Mentioned on the first page (emphasis mine):

The customer can make a warranty claim for the handset itself, for reason of the defect (regardless of whether it is considered major or minor), and Telstra as the retailer has to either get the defect rectified, or offer an exchange or refund. However, the excess data usage charges that resulted are consequential damages from that perspective, and it needs to be established that the customer would not have incurred excess data usage charges if the defect was not present, and the customer has stopped using the handset to limit the damage once the defect was known; it's not a simple case of, “You sold me a handset that has a design/manufacturing fault, and hence I'm indemnified against all excess usage charges regardless of cause.”

doronkatz wrote: 

State that it isn't your responsibility but Telstra to deal with Apple and get a fix for this known iOS 6 issue. As data usage is out of your control, you should be having amnesty for any data usage until a patch is done. This is a result of the software not recognising Wifi sometimes and falls back to LTE.

I agree that Telstra is responsible for working with Apple to ensure the handset they supplied you with is fit for purpose and without defects

With repsect to the service contract (which is where your data usage falls) You do not have full amnesty for data usage, as a consumer you are now aware of the issue, and you should be expected to mitigate that issue, either by using data as required, and turning it off when not needed, or by some of the various other methods.

B.

New Users - Click Here!

0 Kudos

I noticed Apple released a new io6.0.1 update yesterday, has anybody noticed whether this update has fixed the issue. I have been following this thread since ordering my new iphone and havent been looking forward to this problem.

I did read on the update speel that it included a bug fix for the iphones wifi issues?

0 Kudos

Has anyone else noticed recent problems with the 24x7 app?

I've been monitoring my usage on a regular basis, I don't remember the amounts prior to the weekend, but I think I had around 500-700mb on friday

On monday, i saw my usage was almost done, with 200mb left and 3 days (1.5gb + 1gb extra - 2.5gb total). That's fine I thought, I can manage that usage in that time frame.

On tuesday, it reported 0mb and 2 days. I figured I'd gone over the limit, so I massivly cut my usage.

Wednesday morning, reporting 0mb and 1 day left of the month. 
Wednesday lunch time I get a text advising me I've done 143% of my data limit and I'm gone over 1gb in excess.

Thoughtout these couple of days, my 24x7 seemed to be updating regularly, I was keeping an eye on it to not go over.
There is no way I would have used up 1gb in data since monday when it was reporting I had 200mb left. I haven't downloaded any apps or updates, only browsing and definitly not 1gb worth.
I need to find out what's going on becuase I would have diasabled my 3g data long ago if I knew had reached my limit, and certainly wouldn't let it get to this much excess. I'm really stressing over the charges I'm going to be hit with, when I believe it's not my fault.

How can I get this investigated as I don't believe this excess data is valid. 
0 Kudos

I'm back. 

Well the ios update did not fix my problem but I did get a carrier update the other day.  And guess what, all is back to normal for me.

But I have had no reply from Telstra on my oline complaints dated 8 Oct and a followup complaint on the 31st. So much for their 5 day SLA.  They think ignoring me will make me go away. 

No way, just wrote to the TCO.  This will get them moving.  At least I do not expect any excess charges this month.

0 Kudos

No problems for me anymore either. Since updating my software and deleting iCloud I use about 1/10th of my previous data usage. Not sure which action it was that fixed it (I'm not sure if Apple or Telstra explained it at all?). It MUST have been some glitch that caused the phone to use data despite being on wifi. 

Thankfully I can use my 'smart' phone in all its smart ways again! 

0 Kudos

The exact same thing has happened for me.

The culprit was without any doubt iCloud, which is frustrating. It's a great service but as with MobileMe Apple doesn't seem to get these sorts of ongoing services perfectly right.

In my case even with iCloud services all off but the account still on my iPhone 5 I was downloading data at a ridiculous rate - for anybody with these problems please watch this video (posted around the place, I think in this thread already):

http://joshcenters.com/2012/10/2/video-the-iphone-5-icloud-data-bug-in-action

The data leak was INSANE. I had used 700mb in a little over 5 days, and as I've been burned in the past I am always absurdly careful. Resetting data stats and immediately checking (as in the video above) again showed that a significant amount of data was being used - I was not too far off about 1mb per minute (i.e. a rate of 60mb per hour - crazy). Tried turning off iCloud services but it continued (as in the video). The moment I deleted the iCloud account from my phone data remained completely flat.

I was getting quite frustrated, because I imagine its the sort of thing that Telstra can't really diagnose and Apple would likely send me to Telstra.

Ultimately I don't care, happy I've got a fix! Sucks to go without iCloud though. Suppose Google can cover most of it...

I had this problem too. If you go into Safari App on your iPhone and open Bookmarks, if there are multiple Bookmark Bar folders, then that is what is causing your iPhone to constantly try to sync to iCloud resulting in battery drain, overheating and excess cellular data charges on Telstra network.

The solution is:
1. iTunes > backup iPhone
2. download clean bookmarks.db file from web (search discussion forums - someone has provided Dropbox link to download this file - should only be about 4kb in size. My corrupted bookmarks.db file on my iPhone was 4MB in size)
3. download and install free trial of iBackupBot for Mac or PC
4. In iBackupBot App > Import > clean bookmarks.db file into latest backup you created in step 1.
5. iBackupBot > restore to iPhone

Telstra and Apple can't or won't admit to this, but It's a straightforward fix. Took me all of 5 minutes to get my iPhone under control after putting up with this for the past few months. Happily Telstra has waived my $500 excess data fee on my last bill!
0 Kudos

I have just joined Telstra mobile, over from Optus.

So far nothing but a bad experience, was hoping that my intuition was going to be wrong.

22 minutes of being connected to Telstra 40Mb of data usage, yet my phone reports 43Mb for the entire day of which approx 30Mb prior to the Telstra switch.

So unhappy with the discussion with Telstra support, it would appear by the stupid comments from the Telstra support that they did not really know what they were talking about, only confusing everything further.

All I simply wanted was an explanation of the extreme descrepency, all they advised was what was shown was what was used. Very interesting for me because Optus 4G and my phones usage matched prior pretty close.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

This does beg the question why do Optus users not have the same issue if the problem is with the iPhone????  If data leakage is Apples fault woudn't it occur on any network?  Telstra are making a huge amount of money on this via people having to pay excess data charges for something they are not even choosing to use.  It would be interesting to see how many people actually just pay the excess charge rather than query and even those who do query just get fobbed off to an Apple store.  Pathetic really.  ACCC where are you?  I use an iPhone 5 on the Optus network for work purposes and constantly use data for email and remote access and never go past 1.5GB.

In addition I have had a friend call Telstra  and demand to be refunded for the excess data charges which Telstra eventually did.

0 Kudos

i am like a lot of others frustrated by usage of data with i phone 5 regretting getting one with telstra  does any one care at telstra