Eri_pas
Level 2: Rookie

Home internet

We have just started a new contract for our home internet and it is unusable. We can only connect one device at a time as the second device is too slow or just spends it time buffering. I couldnt even load this page using wifi as ive had to use my mobile data.
Its driving me nuts as im paying $100 a month for nothing and then having to spend the same again on extra data for mobile phones. We are powerless to use any other provider as we are telstra only. Dealing with them on the phone is impossible and i have no clue what to do or how to fix this really crappy situation. Our internet is absolutely slow and always drops out. I know we are not the only ones in our area with the problem. Does anyone have a suggestion??? I cant afford to waste money! We also cant be without internet.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Home internet

What type of internet is it?
If you do speedtests connected to the modem via Ethernet cable what speed do you actually get according to the test?
If it is ADSL or NBN FTTN/B/C can you post your connection line stats, in most Telstra gateways these can be found at either http://10.0.0.138 or http://192.168.0.1 then under advance > broadband > then it should have statistics such as line speed, max speed, attenuation.

If you can post those then it will help the community help isolate the issue(s) and potential solution(s) for you.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Telstra 24x7®

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now