sreyno
Level 1: Cadet

How do i stop extra data being automatically being given when kids go over the plan each month

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: How do i stop extra data being automatically being given when kids go over the plan each month

You can't.

You could go in to the settings of the kids phones and put in a limit (but they would probably work out pretty quickly how to reverse it).

Previously, you would have been charged a ridiculously high excess data rate (up to $2 per MB). $10 for each extra GB is a far better deal.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Fodder
Level 1: Cadet

Re: How do i stop extra data being automatically being given when kids go over the plan each month

@Jupiter wrote:

"You can't.

Previously, you would have been charged a ridiculously high excess data rate (up to $2 per MB). $10 for each extra GB is a far better deal."

This is pretty poor. There ought to be an option to choose whether to limit the service to plan or to accept excess usage. I am sure it is Telstra making this determination not any limit on the technology. And while $10/GB is better than what it used to be, it too is an excessive charge for data. 1GB is nothing in todays terms of data usage.

Telstra 24x7®

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now