CrowdSupport®
MJB60
Level 1: Cadet

I have an old pre-paid sim ... no credit left. ... how can I share data from my go mobile swap plan?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: I have an old pre-paid sim ... no credit left. ... how can I share data from my go mobile swap p

Hi MJB60,

You can't share data from a go mobile swap plan with a Pre-Paid sim.

Actually, the only way would be to put credit on the Pre-Paid sim (if it's been less than 6 months since the expiry date of your last recharge. If it's been longer than 6 months then the Pre-Paid sim would be deactivated)...then use your device that has the go mobile swap plan sim in it as a Hotspot to the device that has the Pre-Paid sim in it. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Highlighted

Re: I have an old pre-paid sim ... no credit left. ... how can I share data from my go mobile swap p

Hi MJB60, 

Please Disregard the second paragraph of my previous reply.

You wouldn't need to put a recharge on the Pre-Paid sim to use Wi-Fi from the hotspot. Apologies for the airhead commentSmiley Sad

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Telstra 24x7®

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now