CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
HarryTheGrand
Level 2: Rookie

Increased Data Allowance

Hello

I received a text in June saying that my new monthly shared data allowance was 7.6gb (up from 2.6). I didn't request the increased data and thought it must have been some sort of "thank you" from Telstra.

The bill has since arrived and I now have an extra $70 in charges for two months of this increased data. I didn't order this and asked the Telstra call centre for some more information but they could only quote an order number from where it was apparently ordered online (which would be meaningless to me).

Is there any other way I can check what has happened here? It is a bit far fetched to think that the cat walked over my phone or laptop!

Thank you

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Increased Data Allowance

Put in a complaint via https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

That is the quickest method, especially since you probably won't be able to get the details of the order checked any other way.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
HarryTheGrand
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Increased Data Allowance

Thanks Jupiter - will do.

Telstra 24x7®

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now