CrowdSupport®
Angie11
Level 1: Cadet

International roaming

Answered
My son is overseas in the UK and has a Telstra pre paid mobile- we purchased a $29 roaming pack for him which only has 100 mb included. He has 100 GB available on his databank, will the phone automatically start using that once his 100 MB is used? It doesn’t matter how quickly it chews it up, we are just hoping the data bank will kick in while overseas!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: International roaming

Hi Angie11,

Data Bank Data is only for use in Australia, therefore his phone won't automatically start using his 100GB Data Bank Data once he's used his $29/100mb International Roaming pack.

He'll need to purchase another International Roaming pack.

In the link below have a read of "How do I roam overseas"

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Pre-Paid-Mobiles/Telstra-Pre-Paid-Max-FAQs/td-p/806393

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: International roaming

Hi Angie11,

Data Bank Data is only for use in Australia, therefore his phone won't automatically start using his 100GB Data Bank Data once he's used his $29/100mb International Roaming pack.

He'll need to purchase another International Roaming pack.

In the link below have a read of "How do I roam overseas"

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Pre-Paid-Mobiles/Telstra-Pre-Paid-Max-FAQs/td-p/806393

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Telstra 24x7®

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now