Highlighted
mainman105
Level 2: Rookie

Is my Data top up working

Answered

I have activated a top up with Telstra 24x7 and it seems to be bugged, how is it displayed? It says I am over the cap on the bar, I have 50GB of Data, I went over and but I activated a top up and my internet is still as fast as ever, even though my Excess if I hit it, is slowed. Very concerned about paying extra, please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Is my Data top up working

No current home broadband plans are subject to excess usage fees - so in that regard you have nothing to worry about.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5

Generally speaking if a top-up is activated, your included allowance will increase for that month.

So if you're on a 50GB plan, with 50GB used, it will show as 100GB with 50GB used after a top-up is applied.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
mainman105

It’s not though, that’s the issue it doesn’t say it’s included but my internet works fine, and as I’ve said, we have excess_slowed, so what I have drummed it down to is a bug in the data displayed in usage, it just isn’t showing the top up but it’s working. But I need to know.

mainman105

Am I paying more or is the data just bugged 

Accepted Solution

No current home broadband plans are subject to excess usage fees - so in that regard you have nothing to worry about.

mainman105

Thank God, I’m so happy.

Telstra 24x7®

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now