Highlighted
rc0
Level 3: Gumshoe

Mobile broadband data allowance

Answered

I am on a Telstra 4G Mobile Broadband contract.

I have been advised on 24/7 chat that there is no option to stop or slow down data traffic on reaching the monthly data allowance.

I question why Telstra does not/ cannot do this.

It is possible with ADSL2+; I can set my my mobile phone (via app as well as in the Android settings) to cut off data when usage gets to a certain point. The 4G broadband device itself, a Netgear Aircard 782s seems to have its own OS, so why can't we have the option

Thoughts, anyone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rc0
Accepted Solution

Re: Mobile broadband data allowance

Right.

So Bigpond mobile bb provides shaping but costs $15 more than Telstra mobile bb,  on the 8Gb plan.

Hats off to Telstra for creativity in making more money!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 20: Director

There are 2 plans for the aircard but no plans for the mobiles. Plan 1 you get slowed when you hit your limit and Plan 2 you have to mortgage your house to pay the excess bill. I suspect the reason they don't offer this for mobile phone users is simply because they are making too much money.

https://www.telstra.com.au/broadband/mobile-broadband/plans

Level 23: Superhero

As Yeldarb has said, there is a plan table available (for an extra base monthly cost) that provides shaping rather than excess usage.

You could see if they would be willing to transfer you over to this plan table.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
rc0
Accepted Solution

Right.

So Bigpond mobile bb provides shaping but costs $15 more than Telstra mobile bb,  on the 8Gb plan.

Hats off to Telstra for creativity in making more money!

Telstra 24x7®

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now