CrowdSupport®
Danmed
Level 1: Cadet

Mobile broadband data

Hi all, I’m on the 100gb broadband Dara plan as NBN isn’t set up yet at my address. I am watching my data usage go up when no one is home and the internet is idle. I have a google wifi mesh connected but it states it’s Idle too. Has anyone else dealt with this issue of ghost data usage being applied ? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Mobile broadband data

Hey Danmed,

I can appreciate your concerns with the data that is registering on your account when you are not using this service and apologise for any inconvenience this has caused Smiley Sad You can request that a usage dispute be completed on this account and device allowing us to check for the MAC address details for what is connected when data is being recorded. This can be requested via our Mobile Faults team on 132200 (24/7) and saying 'Mobile Faults' when prompted. 

Let us know how you go. -Dingo

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now