Highlighted
GjBees
Level 3: Gumshoe

My 4G dongle disappeared from my account. It's # is not recognised when I turn it on.

Answered

Hi,

My 4G dongle device 'TP Prepaid 4GX WiFi Plus" has disappeared from my online account. Also when I turn it on and go to the recharge site my SIM# is not found. I know I haven;t used it for a while but I have it as a backup. It should not have disappeared from my online account.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: My 4G dongle disappeared from my account. It's # is not recognised when I turn it on.

Hi GjBees,

A Pre-Paid sim, whether it's a mobile broadband service or a mobile phone service is automatically deactivated 6 months after the expiry date of your last recharge...and that's even if you still have some credit to use.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 21: Augmented

Re: My 4G dongle disappeared from my account. It's # is not recognised when I turn it on.

Non active SIM cards/accounts are autocancelled after certain period. Part of T&C, sorry...
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
GjBees

SO my 'purchased" 4G dongle is useless? Why take it off the account? Why not leave it there until needed?
Level 21: Augmented

Your dongle is still good, but you need to get a new SIM for it... As I said, non-active (i.e. without any credit on them) pre-paid accounts get cancelled after certain period (I think 6 months and then removed after 9 months or so...). This is to preserve pool of available numbers...
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
Accepted Solution

Hi GjBees,

A Pre-Paid sim, whether it's a mobile broadband service or a mobile phone service is automatically deactivated 6 months after the expiry date of your last recharge...and that's even if you still have some credit to use.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
GjBees

So is there a way to re-activate?

I only need the 4G dongle for emergencies. Just want it to sit there so I can use when needed. Is there nothing available for this situation?

thanks

Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

You can't reactivate a deactivated SIM, you will need a new one.

The only way to stop a SIM from being deactivated is to make sure you recharge the account before it expires (6 months after the last recharge expires).

There are Long Life Prepaid Mobile Broadband plans, but if you don't want to pay that amount upfront, then you will need to set yourself a reminder to recharge.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra 24x7®

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now