CrowdSupport®
Jo2710
Level 2: Rookie

My mobile data is not working for a particular app but the app works on wifi

One of my apps will work on my iphone 6 will work on wifi but not when using mobile data.  I've checked the settings and it has mobile data enabled for this app.  Can anyone help please?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Telstra Platinum
Telstra Platinum

Re: My mobile data is not working for a particular app but the app works on wifi

Hi Jo2710,

I'd suggest you try uninstalling and reinstalling the App, hopefully this will do the trick. 

If that doesn't fix it, you could try resetting the network settings using the steps below, please keep in mind this will forget all WiFi networks and you will need to reconnect to the WiFi again.

Open Settings > General > Reset > find and press Reset Network Settings.

Let me know how you go!

Sing

Telstra Platinum Tech Support

Icon image for Telstra Platinum

---------------------------------------
I am a Telstra Platinum employee and I do phone support for all issues like this one here.
Want one of our Telstra Platinum experts to solve this problem for you? One call to Telstra Platinum could help you with similar tech issues rather than trying to do it yourself. Click through to learn more about Telstra Platinum

Telstra Platinum

Jo2710

Re: My mobile data is not working for a particular app but the app works on wifi

Hi,
Thanks. Unfortunately This did not work. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app and reset the network settings.
Telstra Platinum
Telstra Platinum

Thanks for the reply Jo2710.

Is it possible at all to grab the name of the App, and did it use to work on the mobile data?

Sing

I am a Telstra Platinum employee and I do phone support for all issues like this one here.
Want one of our Telstra Platinum experts to solve this problem for you? One call to Telstra Platinum could help you with similar tech issues rather than trying to do it yourself. Click through to learn more about Telstra Platinum

Telstra Platinum

Jo2710

Sure. Yes it is the Barre Body app supported by Mind Body Spirit and yes it did used to work on the mobile data.
Telstra Platinum
Telstra Platinum

Thanks Jo2710.

It doesn't appear that other people are experiencing the same problem on this particular App.

Can you see if there's possibly a software update available on the iPhone? You can check the article below by Apple on how to check and perform updates.

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204204

Let me know how you go!

Sing

Telstra Platinum

Jo2710

Hi,
My software is also up to date on my phone. I have tried everything and am finding it very frustrating that this app will not work.
Please can you keep investigating.
Thanks,
Jo
Level 21: Augmented

@Jo2710 I know absolutely nothing about apple products so my idea might not be possible or work.

With Android you can go into an app and clear data and cache to remove any residual files that might be causing an issue. It usually requires to you re-log in with the app but does at times fix things.

I hope you find a solution :-)

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Jo2710

The App appears to be working for me on Mobile Data.

Are you able to confirm that you've allowed the App to use Mobile Data?

To do that:

1. Open Settings
  2. Select Mobile
  3. Scroll down to find the BarreBody App in the list and ensure that the switch is in the On position, or Green

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Jo2710

Ive done this - the data setting is on on for this app :-(
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Jo2710

My only other suggestion would be to delete the App, then restart your phone before re-installing it.

The restart after deleting it is important, as Apple devices tend to keep certain settings for things until the phone is restarted.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Jo2710

No - that has not worked either. This is very frustrating!

@Jo2710wrote:
No - that has not worked either. This is very frustrating!

So have you messaged the actual app developer to get an answer? 

Its certainly not a Telstra issue.

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm

Telstra 24x7®

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now