Highlighted
neen68
Level 2: Rookie

Notification when close to limit

When I was on a previous plan with Telstra, I was always notified when nearing my limit. On this new plan, I got my last notification when I still had over 2 GB left but, after that I never got another one. I was expecting to get notified again before I reached my limit but I didn't. Next thing, they are adding another 1 GB and charging me for what I didn't want. I tried to use up the 1 GB extra and, trying to refresh my account page to give me an update of useage so I wouldn't go over again and the page was not refreshing, so Telstra "kindly" added another 1 GB on the last day of the month. This time with no warnings of approaching my limit. So I got no notifications when using either 1GB top-ups and I couldn't check my useage. Telstra, you are ripping us off and you know it.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Notification when close to limit

The notifications are done by percentage so the higher your limit the higher the amount left at your last notification.

If you didn’t get notification of the second one you can dispute it with billing if you feel it was untowards.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Level 20: Director

@neen68 Just a further though...Android (can't say about iOS I know nothing about it) has data warning in the settings. And there are plenty of apps to assist further.

Mmmmm... hot pineapple donut and a coffee!
neen68

Thank you for the info but I use this data on my laptop, not a phone.
neen68

I hate this automatic 1Gb top-up. Not asked for and not wanted. They need to go back to the slow-down or just advise us we have reached our limit and make it optional if we want to top-up. I will dispute it because I had to work till nearly midnight on the 31st so I didn't use it. $10 down the drain.....

It used to be $2 per mb, then 10c per mb, then 3c per mb, now $10 per GB.

On the old bigpond plans they slowed, the new mobile plans do now have the option as well. So might see a new mobile BB plan which has the option at some point again too.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

@neen68 wrote:
Thank you for the info but I use this data on my laptop, not a phone.

@neen68 Ok, well if you are running windows Glasswire is a popular program.

Mmmmm... hot pineapple donut and a coffee!

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more