Highlighted
krissymack
Level 1: Cadet

Notifications when over your cap

By law, does Telstra have to notify you when you are over your included monthly call allowance? I just received a bill that was $100 over my capped amount but I wasn't aware that I had used so much of my call allowances that month.

Please help!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Notifications when over your cap

Hi krissymack,

I would check in with our team on 132200 or via chat http://tel.st/49kl to confirm that you are opted for notifications, you can also keep an eye on your usage via our 24x7 app which you can use on your iPhone/iPad or Android app, for more information on our app check here http://telstra.com.au/my-account/telstra-24x7-app/

Thanks 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

beetle84
Level 15: Special Agent

That wasnt the answer to her question Esther, thisnis whats wrong with this forum, the mods dont even know enough to answer a simple question
Support Team
Support Team

Heya beetle84,

Just to clarify, there is no legal obligation for Telstra to provide notification once a monthly allowance has been exceeded.

As Esther has advised, we do have the tools available to monitor your allowance and data usage and you can also opt to have notifications sent to you, which can also be organised via our Phone or Live Chat Teams.

Hope this helps.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

beetle84
Level 15: Special Agent

Well maybe when Esther 'advises' people she could try to answer the OP's question, as well as advise,
Pap
Level 1: Cadet

Sheesh... who got outta the wrong side of the bed this morning?

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more