CrowdSupport®
DaniBui
Level 1: Cadet

Online $49/month mobile plan (17Gb + 5Gb)

Hi,

I purchased the online deal for $49/month mobile plan which included 17Gb plus 5Gb bonus data, in June 2018. Every time I’ve gone over the 17Gb I’ve been charged $10/additional Gb. I’ve never had access to the bonus data. I tried chatting to an online support person who said the bonus data was “shared data”. I told them that this is very misleading as it’s called “bonus data”. They said they would give me the 5Gb this month at no extra charge. Unfortunately this doesn’t technically resolve the issue. I’ve gone through my bill statements and found that technically I’ve spent approximately $240 extra for additional data over the life of the plan which should have been covered by the bonus data. Bonus data is standard data and is not classified as “shared data”.

Can someone please contact me regarding this matter. I tried going into a store to resolve the matter, where they referred me to online support. The online support person didn’t fully resolve the matter.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Online $49/month mobile plan (17Gb + 5Gb)

Hi @DaniBui,

I'm really sorry that your order wasn't processed correctly when you changed your plan in June, definitely not the experience we want for our customers. If I could arrange for someone to call you directly I would be happy to, but it's not something I can facilitate. I would recommend speaking with our billing department on 13 22 00 who can go through your invoice history and hopefully help you with a solution. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now