Chrisdownunder
Level 2: Rookie

Optus data v telstra

I know telstra has great coverage but i wish they would come near to price matching optus $55 for 80gb. Im in rural nsw and i am greatful that we now have a telstra tower but u can't just change providers

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Optus data v telstra

Optus and Vodophone are cheaper than Telstra but the only way they can do this is even in areas where there network is available not building enough capacity into the network to meet customer demand. I live in an inner city suburb and were I live Optus phone only connects at 3G and there is so much congestion that it is difficult to even browse let alone stream videos.
Only last year I had no problems with the Optus network but now that they are offering such huge amounts of data on there new plans the network is always congested. The other carriers have increased the data allowance of there customers without first building extra capacity into there network to meet the increased demand.
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

You nailed it! Telstra has a coverage, competition does not! That's why Telstra can and will charge more. Why? Because Telstra also invests more!!!
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
Chrisdownunder
Level 2: Rookie

Wow optus now has 500gb for $80, telstra 80gb for $89

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more