Highlighted
EAMo
Level 1: Cadet

Rebtel and Twilio services

Hello, 

I have a unique query. Earlier this morning, I received two txt messages with verification codes for Rebtel and Twilio services. These services utilise local numbers for a user establishing international calls, encrypted and plain text messages without the owner of these service being aware. 

https://www.rebtel.com/en/

https://www.twilio.com

I did not sign up for either service, and believe an attempt to utilise my account has been made and breached. My number must’ve been obtained from some spam telemarketers or of the like and it’s security which is ensured by telstra has failed. I do not hand out my contact details and am very cautious of sharing any personal information, for this very reason. 

Could you you please look into possibilities, which may have shared my contact number and any abnormal activity on my account that isn’t established by myself? Neither services are able to assist with information.

Please treat this as a serious matter, I believe other telstra mobile users may have the same issue. For further info, I can be contacted on my mobile or email linked to this account. 

Please advise asap. 

Cheers!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Rebtel and Twilio services

Hi EAMo, I can appreciate the concern about the verification messages you've received and I trust this can be followed up for you soon. For security reasons we're not able to access accounts or request service information via posts on these forums, but our Privacy teams via 1800 039 059 or privacy@online.telstra.com.au can help follow up on this issue

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now