oz_dj_man
Level 1: Cadet

Rip off!! Data alternatives on holiday pls

Gday I’m staying down in Gippsland for a month or so and are flying through my data as I don’t have my home internet. Telstra want to charge me an extra $55 for a pathetic 8gb added to my already overly priced plan.

What are some much cheaper alternatives please?

Thank you in advance

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Rip off!! Data alternatives on holiday pls

Prepaid Broadband would be far more economical, even if you have to buy a device.

It's still going to cost far more than your home broadband, but that's the nature of a mobile service. It lets you choose when to top up or go without.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 20: Director

@oz_dj_man Telstra has always charged premium because they believe the offer premium access. Which from my own personal experience I can't dispute that.

But I think if I was going to travel somewhere and needed more data, more bang for the buck I would've worked that out before going :-)

Telstra does offer Mobile Broadband Plans which is a good alternative than your mobile data plans. You do get more data for your money.

You can also check out the website WhistleOut for other alternatives.

Mmmmm... hot pineapple donut and a coffee!
oz_dj_man

Thank you Jupiter, unfortunately you can only access Telstra here and no other network.

@oz_dj_man wrote:
Thank you Jupiter, unfortunately you can only access Telstra here and no other network.

@oz_dj_man Or those that also use the Telstra network, such as Belong.

Mmmmm... hot pineapple donut and a coffee!
oz_dj_man

Thank you very much I appreciate it. I will check out Beyond!! You rock

Telstra 24x7®

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now