BH131
Level 1: Cadet

Sim only plans

Answered
Hi,

Sorry if someone has posted this already or its written somewhere obvious. I changed my contract to a 12month sim only plan, $69. The plan has 30gb data plus a bonus 30gb data. My question is how long do I get the bonus data for? Is it just a month as my previous phone and sim plan or the duration of the 12month contact?

Thanks
Baz
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Sim only plans

The BYO plans are on a 12 month contract, so the contracted period would be 12 months.

I just reread the things you need to know again and noticed I missed the line I was specifically looking for. Looks like these ones are the same as previous bonus data ones and ongoing until the plan is changed:

Included Data Allowance: If you go over your Included Data Allowance and you do not opt into or your plan does not include Peace of Mind data, we automatically add Extra Data in $10/GB blocks. Allowances expire monthly. Bonus Data: Will remain on your account until you recontract, cancel your plan or move to an ineligible plan. Unused data expires monthly.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES

Typically those sort of offers are for the term of the contract as a minimum, although bonus data does often continue to apply until you change your plan.

From what I can see of the offer this one is no exception to that rule so I would expect for the full 12 months as a minimum.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Level 22: Superhuman

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/plans-and-rates

The description implies its for the contracted period ????
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
Accepted Solution

The BYO plans are on a 12 month contract, so the contracted period would be 12 months.

I just reread the things you need to know again and noticed I missed the line I was specifically looking for. Looks like these ones are the same as previous bonus data ones and ongoing until the plan is changed:

Included Data Allowance: If you go over your Included Data Allowance and you do not opt into or your plan does not include Peace of Mind data, we automatically add Extra Data in $10/GB blocks. Allowances expire monthly. Bonus Data: Will remain on your account until you recontract, cancel your plan or move to an ineligible plan. Unused data expires monthly.

Helpful Links

BH131
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more